Seven Seas Society question

AlanR2

The first two Gold/Platinum/Titanium events we attended were on our first two cruises after we reached the Platinum tier: a special breakfast on the first and a even more special lunch with a truly marvelous menu and great Burgandy wines (my weakness) on the second, both meals attended by the Captain, Hotel Director (no GMs yet then), Cruise Director, Cruise Consultant, and other worthys. Both very nice and well worth attending.

More recently they have been ordinary events, somewhat like the AMEX Platinum 'special events'. In fact, that's why I'm not more specific; I can't recall which are which, but I do know they have included tours of kitchens, laundry, and other back-of-house areas as well as cocktail parties. Now we go only if there isn't anything else worthwhile to do. Regent is still very good overall, but lots of little things are slipping. Too bad!

On our recent 7 might Navigator cruise to western Caribbean, the event was an afternoon tea. It sounded pretty lame, but we didn't have anything else to do. So we went, and it actually was really fun and very nicely done. Real champagne and wonderful chocolate that had been obtained in each of the countries we visited (Belize, Guatemala, Mexico). The chocolate was amazing and a real treat. Also nice was that we got to talk to Dionne, the CD, personally for a very long time and give her feedback and ideas.

Just came off 45 days on Mariner and am at Gold level. Agree with Travel Cat's comments completely, but we did get a great event on the Antarctica leg. We were invited on to a private crew deck (7) for a cocktail party while we sailed into a glacier. It was a much better perspective than from Observation Lounge and deck.

Was the ship damaged when it "sailed into a glacier"?

The second Gold, Platinum and Titanium event was much better. Captain Scala is a bingo fan and had a bingo party for the crew. So they decided to do it again for the GPT group. It sounds hooky, but it was fun.

It was in the theatre and about 130 people showed up. We each got a card as we went into the theatre and there were five games.

The prizes were:

1. Cooking lession with the Executive Chef Fabien to learn to cook Steak tartar

2. A tour of the wine cellar and two bottles of special wine of your choice

3. A back of the scene tour with Cruise Director Jamie

4. An invitation from the Captain to the bridge for sail away from Melbourne with champagne.

5. Two ounces of Cavier

Fred won the first game, i.e. the cooking lesson. While it sounds silly, we really had a good time with the Chef in Prime 7 at lunch making the steak tartar. Then he served it to us in the Compass Rose with french fries and a crisp, lightly dressed green salad and toasted french bread. So it really was a fun prize.

Archived