Mariner Playbill Cruise

AlanR2

Has anyone else booked the Mariner Rome-Venice cruise being sponsored by Playbill in Sept.? The entertainment will include Audra MacDonald and Christine Ebersole, among other Broadway celebs. Looks like a great week for show junkies!!

AR

• 2 weeks later...

But if you do not book through Playbill it appears you will not be able to take in all the Broadway activities.

I suspect booking with Playbill will be more expensive than booking with your TA. I hope others on the cruise will also be able to benefit in some ways.

For this September 13, 2011 departure, in the "Onboard Activities" tab, under Enrichment, the information for the Playbill entertainers is now showing up. It doesn't state anything there about limited entrance to some activities, but it does on that Playbill website. We will enjoy the entertainers when they are performing in the Constellation Theater, and just consider this an extra perk for this cruise which we booked LONG ago. Should they open some of the other events for us, that would be nice, but we won't fret about it.

We booked this cruise after seeing the add in the Playbill at the Metroploitan Opera. The prices were the same as the ones quoted on the Regent website, with the "discounts" and all. When you call that number you actually get a rep at Regent ruises. The difference s that there is a TA listed so you can't go through your own.

I was told this was the only way to experience the "special" events like cocktail parties and Q & A with these particular performers. I am sure they will be the featered performers in the nigtly shows as listed in the "spotlight on Theater" focus of the cruise.

We have seen these performers and are big fans, especialy Audra Macdonald. Seth Rudesky is listed as the host and he is a familiar figure if you listen to Broadway channel on Sirius/XM. I am hoping for some Broadway Theater trivia conteststs!!

• 2 months later...

Archived