San Juan Transfers - Just Back

B_K

:eek: Here is a heads up for those considering using Princess for Airport to ship transfers.

Sailed on Caribbean Princess 1/23 - purchased transfers for trip. Arrived at SJU about 1:30 pm and at 2:00 turned over my luggage to Princess. They loaded it on a truck and then put us on a bus (which operated with the 2 of us as only passengers) for 15-20 min ride to ship. Rest of embarkation was a breeze & we were in cabin before 3:00 PM.

About 5:00 PM I started to try and track down our luggage. I won't go into the gory details, but after being given bad information on multiple occasions, the luggage finally arrived just before 9:00 PM - 7 HOURS after I turned it over to Princess.

If everybody in your party is laid back and doesn't mind waiting to unpack till mid to late evening, then there are no issues, but if you want your luggage sooner, I would suggest taking a taxi and carrying your luggage to the ship yourself.

Even if you bring your luggage to the ship yourself, with the exception of your carry-ons, you still have to hand over your luggage to Princess and wait for it to be delivered to your stateroom. This could take as little as an hour, or it could take the entire day. There's just no way of telling when they will deliver it to you. It's frustrating, but unavoidable.

Even if you bring your luggage to the ship yourself, with the exception of your carry-ons, you still have to hand over your luggage to Princess and wait for it to be delivered to your stateroom. This could take as little as an hour, or it could take the entire day. There's just no way of telling when they will deliver it to you. It's frustrating, but unavoidable.

:mad: I am hearing that this problem is especially bad in San Juan. This is the first time I used transfers and the first time it took more than 3 hours to get luggage (all in other ports - all others I carried it to the ship myself...)

BK

This can happen anywhere in any port under any circumstances. Three years ago, we were on a Sydney to LA 30-day cruise and were staying at the Marriott which was just a block or so from the cruise pier. We wheeled our luggage down at about 10:30am and dropped it off with the luggage handlers. I had a 25" and an 18" suitcase that I dropped off. We went back to the hotel, hung around for a while, checked out, and walked down to the pier with our carry-ons. Checked in for the cruise and boarded the ship. When I got to my cabin, the small suitcase was there. My larger one didn't arrive until while I was at dinner, late Traditional dining, which meant I didn't get it until about 10pm at night. Both suitcases looked exactly alike and both had two luggage tags, one on each side. Go figure.

Just wondering if you did Princess transfers from the ship to the airport at the end of your cruise. If so, how did that go? What time was your flight? What time was your group supposed to disembark?

Thanks.

Yes, we used Princess transfers ship to airport once I determined that luggage would go on same vehicle we did. Worked very well. We had 2:45 PM flight and disembarked at 9:15 AM. We were at airport before 10:00.

Archived