Alaska Excursion

DixieDL

Any ideas when Alaska Shore Excursion pre-request form,

with pricing and departure time information will be available on the NCL website? I thought I had read it would be first of March... I am just so excited and want to get the excursions finalized. I am planning some that NCL doesn't do, but want to see the pricing on the ones that they do, so I can see if it would be better to just go ahead and make reservations with the individual companies.. It probably will be cheaper, but I just have to see it with my own eyes..:)

Man I wish NCL would hurry up!! Don't they know I am excited, and want things finalized! :rolleyes: We aren't sailing till May, but, I want it done. (OK done venting)

I've been wondering when they are going to be posted too. I check every day. When are you going in May and what ship are you on? We are doing the Star on May 29. 12 1/2 weeks!! I agree I wish they would put it up so I can see the prices and decide what to do. I'm anxious to get everything planned also.

I've been wondering when they are going to be posted too. I check every day. When are you going in May and what ship are you on? We are doing the Star on May 29. 12 1/2 weeks!! I agree I wish they would put it up so I can see the prices and decide what to do. I'm anxious to get everything planned also.

We are on the Spirit 5/28. Looks like we leave at the same time, just different ships..

How funny that you check everyday, I have a shortcut to the webpage on my desktop, at it is the first thing I do when I get into work everyday.... I'm not excited at all... (yeah right) LOL

Ok, I've got you all beat! I look at least 3 times per day on the NCL shore excursion site and my vacation is not until July!! :)

I just called them and she said it should be up on the site either the 2nd or 3rd week in March. Marilyn

Ok, I've got you all beat! I look at least 3 times per day on the NCL shore excursion site and my vacation is not until July!! :)

I just called them and she said it should be up on the site either the 2nd or 3rd week in March. Marilyn

All the Alaskian Excursions are up on the website as of noon today. Check it out. Price list still not posted but descriptions are including ones for the Dream

Hello! My family is booked on the June 20th cruise to Alaska on the Dream. We are hoping to do some of the excusion away from the cruise lines to save some money. How do we find out about the companies? what they offer? and how expensive they are? I know we go to Sitka, Whittier, Ketchikan, and Cruise College Fjord? Booking excuisions through the cruise lines is way to expensive for our family? Also I am reading that the Dream has constant movement and shakes alot? Has anybody been to Alaska on this ship and would like to comment on this? This is my first time on the boards and appreciate any help. Thank you.

I talked to a NCL rep. yesterday and was advised that the pricing should be available in another week for Alaska. We are sailing on the May 28th and I've checked on each port and we will have 3 other ships & 4 in another port that week. I have also talked to independant tour companies and was told that because of the number of ships in port those days the tour companies are filled just handling ship tours. So they suggested that I booked through the cruise line.

Hello! My family is booked on the June 20th cruise to Alaska on the Dream. We are hoping to do some of the excusion away from the cruise lines to save some money. How do we find out about the companies? what they offer? and how expensive they are? I know we go to Sitka, Whittier, Ketchikan, and Cruise College Fjord? Booking excuisions through the cruise lines is way to expensive for our family? Also I am reading that the Dream has constant movement and shakes alot? Has anybody been to Alaska on this ship and would like to comment on this? This is my first time on the boards and appreciate any help. Thank you.

Go to the port of call boards here on CC.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5

I talked to a NCL rep. yesterday and was advised that the pricing should be available in another week for Alaska. We are sailing on the May 28th and I've checked on each port and we will have 3 other ships & 4 in another port that week. I have also talked to independant tour companies and was told that because of the number of ships in port those days the tour companies are filled just handling ship tours. So they suggested that I booked through the cruise line.

I think we are cruizin' on the same ship.... Spirit...

I was begining to wonder if myself, DH & DD were the only ones going to be on board from the boards, glad to see we won't be alone:)

I think we are cruizin' on the same ship.... Spirit...

I was begining to wonder if myself, DH & DD were the only ones going to be on board from the boards, glad to see we won't be alone:)

Dixie: What part of Dixie are you from? We are from TN and will be with you. You will not be alone. There are 4 of us, all adults.

Dixie: What part of Dixie are you from? We are from TN and will be with you. You will not be alone. There are 4 of us, all adults.

I an not from Dixie, just my name, I am from New Mexico. I am so glad to know there are other, I was begining to think I had chosen a ship & itenerary that wasn't any good. I have been checking the roll call board, but nothing going on for our cruise there. We will have to start a thread :)

I had given up waiting for the NCL list with prices. I started looking under various cities for tours and found many of the same as NCL's offerings, but at a cheaper price. Some of them even offen a 10% off if you book early.

Try doing this, there are a lot of interesting tours to be found on the internet.

Archived