San Diego Restaurants near Cruise Terminal

4cats1house

We are staying at the Holiday Inn (across the street from the pier) and was wondering about good places to eat that are within walking distance of the hotel.

I have read about someone getting cinnamon rolls near (like across the street) the hotel and sitting on their bay view balcony as the ships come in. Do you know where these cinnamon rolls might be found?

Can't help you with the cinnamon rolls, but at the pier there is Anthony's. It consists of three eateries: a fast service Fishette, a main dining room, and a fancy restaurant. I've only eaten in the main dining room and the food & service can be hit or miss.

There are several restaurants at Seaport Village which is a short walk from the pier.

Can't help you with the cinnamon rolls, but at the pier there is Anthony's. It consists of three eateries: a fast service Fishette, a main dining room, and a fancy restaurant. I've only eaten in the main dining room and the food & service can be hit or miss.

Anthony's Star of the Sea room (fancy restaurant) has been closed for at least 5 years. That space is a private banquet only facility now. The main dining room (The Fish Grotto) is good home-style fish dishes...nothing fancy, but there is a good view. If you are going on a weekend or in the summer for dinner, waits for a table can be an hour or longer.

Other options close by that I would recommend would the The Fish Market (4 blocks south) (upstairs is fancier than downstairs, and only upstairs has reservations), or Sally's at the Marriott Hotel. There is also a good microbrewery and restaurant in Karl Strauss (1157 Columbia St.), or walk about 6 blocks north east to Little Italy (mostly Italian), although my favorite restaurant there (on Nutmeg) is the Indigo Grill, which is more Pacific fusion.

Seaport Village has OK restaurants, but nothing to write home about. You can also take the San Diego Trolley (light rail) 3 stops south of the stop after the Amtrak Station (American Plaza) to the Gaslamp Quarter, walk around this area, and find many fine restaurants within several blocks. Ruth Chris is next door to the HI on the Bay, but you can eat at Ruth Chris anywhere....

We are staying at the Holiday Inn (across the street from the pier) and was wondering about good places to eat that are within walking distance of the hotel.

I have read about someone getting cinnamon rolls near (like across the street) the hotel and sitting on their bay view balcony as the ships come in. Do you know where these cinnamon rolls might be found?

For Dinner, I suggest taking the San Diego Trolley (light rail) to Old Town for some really good Mexican Food. My Favorite is the Acapulco San Diego - Old Town (In the Hacienda Hotel) http://acapulcorestaurants.com/map.aspx?locationID=35

2467 Juan Street San Diego - Old Town, CA 92110

619-260-8124

619-260-8468

It is up on a hill with beautiful views. It also has a great Happy Hour

Also enjoy the sights in Old Town.

We are also staying at the HI for the park and cruise. Our plan for breakfast is Richard Walkers pancake house. Its about a 15 min walk but worth it! Best pancakes ever. For diner you have a ton of choices. Seaport village has great choices, Busters beach house has great happy hour choices and wonderful margaritas. or the harbor house if you want expensive fancy. The fish market has the best seafood on the water great views , very short walk ! Little Italy is about 6 or 7 blocks lots of good options there to many to list, although I would say Filippi's is the local fav. Across from seaport is a bbq plkace the one from the movie topgun. I havent been but I hear its great. The gaslamp is full of food places take ur pick they are all pretty good. Hmm hope that helps some.

Across from seaport is a bbq plkace the one from the movie topgun. I havent been but I hear its great.

If you are talking about Kansas City Barbecue (near Seaport Village, not the cruise ship pier), since they had a fire several years ago, and then reopened, the food has REALLY gone down hill!! Check out comments on Yelp! before you eat here.

Anthony's is directly across the street. We ate there last Saturday and it was very good. There is a coffee cart in front so maybe that is where the cinnamon rolls are? I am not sure. There is also a quick serve at Anthony's that was very popular but we at inside.

I don't know how it is, but at the HI is the Elephant and Castle Pub. It was a beautiful day in SD and people were eating outside on the patio and seemed to be enjoying the restaurant and the atmosphere.

There is a Ruth Chris right there as well. If you go further, there is a Roy's and several restaurants at Seaport Village, as well as quick serve places.

Jen in SoCal

As an earlier poster mentioned, Filippis's Pizza Grotto is a few blocks north, on India street. It's my go-to for late night pizza whnever we go to San Diego. Another good Mexican place in old Town is the old Town Mexican Cafe. Yum, I'm getting hungry just thinking about it-it might be time for us to pay SD another visit:). Have a great time!

Archived