Taxi fares in Barcelona

We received an email from our hotel (Hotel Regencia Colon) with a list of transfer prices from the airport to the hotel (2 people 50 Euros) and from the hotel to the cruise ship (2 people 40 Euros) Does anyone know if this is the going rate? It seems a bit high to me. Any info would be helpful.

Thanks Jeff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jwilliams:

We received an email from our hotel (Hotel Regencia Colon) with a list of transfer prices from the airport to the hotel (2 people 50 Euros) and from the hotel to the cruise ship (2 people 40 Euros) Does anyone know if this is the going rate? It seems a bit high to me. Any info would be helpful.

Thanks Jeff<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would say it is high,but it has been a couple of years since I was there.I don't think a taxi would be that much.Do remember one thing though..if a hotel or restaurant calls a cab for you the meter starts when they get the call not when you get in the cab. A lot of people think they are getting ripped off and that is not the case.

Karen

Ü

From airport to cruise port is the about 30 $ US..

when when hired a private car it was 55EU

so yes may be high.. a bit

Barcelona to Venice on Oceania - "Insignia"

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;5;3;18;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100

Buenos Aires to Rio Oceania - "Insignia"

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;2;2;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0300

mermaidswim.gif

icon_treasurebox.gif

We used Angie's taxi service (I'm sure it has another name). She was recommended through the board here.

We arranged for her to pick up a group of 9 plus luggage and I think per cab the price was less. She also gave us quotes for trips from the hotel to ship (which we should have used) and then used her to take us back to the aiport after our trip.

You can contact Angie at TAXIINTERNACION@terra.es unfortunately I seemed to have lost her telephone number. I hope the email still works.

Susan

Splendour of the Seas - August 9, 2003

Archived