Caribbean 2 day embarkation

Somerset Cruiser

I wonder how this works, presumably once a cabin is booked for day 1 it has to stay that way for the rest of the season, if not it wouldn't be vacant for new arrivals. So how do they do it, if anyone knows please tell, if not I will find out when on Azura in 2 weeks time.

My theory, day 1 port side, day 2 starboard (or visa versa).

I wonder how this works, presumably once a cabin is booked for day 1 it has to stay that way for the rest of the season, if not it wouldn't be vacant for new arrivals. So how do they do it, if anyone knows please tell, if not I will find out when on Azura in 2 weeks time.

My theory, day 1 port side, day 2 starboard (or visa versa).

hmm... don't know about your port/starboard theory, but there were certainly cabins available on the 14 day cruise that weren't showing on the 15 day cruise, so I guess they do have designated cabins for both cruise numbers.

One thing we learned was they use one MDR for day one people & the other for day two on open seating. What they also do is sell all the bookable areas ie:- Retreat & prime times for speciality restaurants to those on day one, so if you are arriving on the later flights I wouldn't bother....unless they have changed it!

We arrive on day 2 in Barbados and are not on open seating?

Everyone is on open seating the 1st night, our luggage hadn't arrived & we didn't feel comfortable in our travelling clothes in the MDR so we did the buffet. As a 2nd day arrival best of luck with booking anything, we couldn't!!

We arrive on day 2 in Barbados and are not on open seating?

It is open seating for your first night whichever day you arrive.

Friday arrivals are in Saffron and Saturday arrivals in Bay Tree (or thats what it was 2 years ago). Your second night is at your nominated table and time, i.e Saffron will be reserved seating when you arrive with free seating in Bay Tree.

Brian

No, because the previous occupants leave on the Friday - we don't arrive until Saturday - so it remains empty overnight!

Just curious to know how you found this out. Approx half the ship arrive/leave on a Friday and the other half arrive/leave on a Saturday.

There cant be many cabins vacant overnight.

Brian

We were on Ventura 12 months ago which also had 2 day embarkation and disembarkation, I suppose with 3000+ passengers nearly all of which need to travel from the UK to Barbados the simple logisitics of getting everyone there and on board takes 2 days so if you board on day 1 you leave on day 14 when the next passengers on day 1 arrive and of course if you arrive on day 2 you leave on day 15 when the new day 2 passegers arrive. As someone else commented you may have to wait 4 hopurs or more for your luggage but dinnner is a relaxed affair without designated tables until the first night away from Barbados.

Just curious to know how you found this out. Approx half the ship arrive/leave on a Friday and the other half arrive/leave on a Saturday.

Brian

When we booked - months after cruise went on sale - we wanted that particular cabin at the stern. We were told it was available for the Friday or Saturday departures, as the cabin had already been sold for the previous cruise and would be vacant on the Friday.

Because we had already planned to stay in Barbados for a few days pre-cruise, we didn't want to board until Saturday - so therefore it's empty overnight. I take this to mean when we board at midday, we'll be able to go to the cabin straight away and not have to wait as we did last time we flew out early.

Brian

When we flew out those departing flew back on our plane.. so there cant have been many empty cabins.

Often the day you fly out/ and back depends on which air port you are flying from.

Archived