Taxi to Hamilton

PMO

We are traveling with friends and family to Bermuda and not everyone will be able to travel from King's Wharf to Hamilton on the ferry, boat or bus. Do you know the cost of a taxi from King's Wharf to Hamilton?

I've attached a photo of a sign that was posted at the Dockyard for approximate tax fares to various locations in Bermuda. This would be for weekday & Saturday travel; Sundays there is a 25% surcharge. Tips would be additional.

FaresBda.jpg

FYI, a ferry makes the trip from the Dockyard to Hamilton in about 20-25 minutes; a bus, about 62 minutes. A taxi will be less than the bus; I would estimate 15 minutes less.

SBtS

$41 each way. Yuck. That's a lot. Hamilton is the main place to visit in Bermuda..St. George is second. Why are you taking this cruise on the Summit? Why not consider taking an excursion from the ship or taking another cruise that stops in Hamilton.

We are taking this cruise because it leaves out of New Jersey and we do not have to fly. I also believe it is the only 7 day to Bermuda, all the others are 5days and one that only stops in Bermuda for a day. We can only go for 7 days. I understand you say they are accomodating but not for individuals in a wheelchair. I just thought for the Harbour Nights on Wednesday night in Hamilton it would be fun to all go. I do not think that cost is that much if 4 of us could go together. That is not per person. The cost of the excursion is much more per person and we are at their mercy for times. This way we go and come back when we want to.

You also quite likely could arrange transportation in advance, from one of the local tour operators/taxi drivers. That might go smoother if you are transporting wheelchair(s) and persons who require assistance. I'm sure you could get some info over on the Ports of Call message board, or from your roll call.

We are taking this cruise because it leaves out of New Jersey and we do not have to fly. I also believe it is the only 7 day to Bermuda, all the others are 5days and one that only stops in Bermuda for a day. We can only go for 7 days. I understand you say they are accomodating but not for individuals in a wheelchair. I just thought for the Harbour Nights on Wednesday night in Hamilton it would be fun to all go. I do not think that cost is that much if 4 of us could go together. That is not per person. The cost of the excursion is much more per person and we are at their mercy for times. This way we go and come back when we want to.

I was there last summer and many people were loaded onto the ferries with wheelchairs, no problem whatsoever...

PMO wrote: .....I also believe it is the only 7 day to Bermuda, all the others are 5days and one that only stops in Bermuda for a day. We can only go for 7 days...

Actually, the following cruise ships do 7 day cruises from NYC or Bayonne to Bermuda: HAL’s Veendam, NCL’s Gem & Star, Carnival Pride & Miracle (7 or 8 day) and Celebrity Summit. The Veendam spends the most time in Bermuda and is the only cruise ship of those listed that docks in Hamilton. All the others are docked at the Dockyard, either King’s Wharf or Heritage Wharf.

SBtS

Archived