Carnival Liberty 1/29/2011 wedding review

swalton85

We're baaaaaaaaack!!!!! holy cow that week flew by!!

To begin, we flew to miami on 1/27 and stayed in the best western miami airport west. the hotel was okay... clean rooms, decent pool, free airport shuttle, free breakfast & close to restaurants, a liquor store & grocery store. we used doral transportation to get everyone to the port. it was only $12 a person & they brought a large van with a mini u-haul on the back for everyone's luggage. rafael was prompt & got all of us to the port quickly. i would definitely recommend them.

once we got to the port it was a little chaotic because we all didn't stay at the same hotel so we were scrambling around to find everyone. once we all got checked in we were able to sit in a separate lounge until boarding time. we met with the officiant (cindy) and the coordinator (ann marie i think!) they went over the whole ceremony and how things were going to go. we just hung out with our guests until it was time to board the ship.

we were supposed to board at 11:15 but they couldn't find 2 passengers that were supposed to get off the ship so we didn't get on until 11:45! i was freaking out!! our ceremony was at 1!

once we finally got on the ship the coordinator rushed me to my room so i could get ready & steve was whisked away to his room. once i was in the room i was able to calm down & breathe a little. the girls got dressed then i got dressed, touched up my hair & makeup then our photographer anthony came in to take pictures of me before the ceremony.

next thing i knew it was time!! we made our way to the tapestry room & the officiant ran through a few things quickly & then it was time! everything went really quickly but it was a nice ceremony.

after the ceremony we did family photos and made our way to the reception.

we had the 1 1/2 hour reception & it went so fast! we were announced in the room, did our special dances, did the cake cutting & then were finally able to relax, eat, drink & spend time with our guests. the food was delicious!!! & the open bar was great too & the cake was really good!

before we knew it it was time to say goodbye to our nonsailing guests & then we went around the ship with anthony to take photos before the muster drill. anthony was an okay photographer... not the greatest. we ended up getting the $999 photo package.. it was more than we wanted to spend but it's really hard to choose only a few photos out of like 400!

if i left anything out just ask! :)

all in all it was a really nice wedding & i was extremely pleased with the reception. we felt like celebrities because everyone was congratulating us and taking our picture as we walked around the ship.

here's a link to the professional photos

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/album.php?aid=2077306&id=1327875540

I swear u just left! Looks like u had a great time! Ur pictures came out great and I LOVE the ones on the stairs and atrium! And the one in front if the funnel!

Also, I almost bought the same dress! Its so pretty!

Thanks for the review, even tho I will be on a different ship I still love hearing and seeing how everything went!

Wow...that week went fast! Congratulations! You had an absolutely gorgeous wedding, dress, etc. Beautiful pictures!

It looks like you had a great time. I'm looking forward to my date ..coming soon!

My time is 2 p.m and reception at 2:30. She told me that after the cake cutting and champagne toast, the photographer will take us around the ship for pictures but how is that done when the muster drill is around that time because the ship leaves at 4? How long were you with the photographer and was it done before the muster drill?

Congrats again!

Your wedding was BEAUTIFUL!!! Did you guys pay extra for all of that fruit?! Also, where people seemed to be giving speechs, was that the steakhouse?

Again, I think you looked terrific!! :)

the fruit was included with the buffet. we did our dinner that night in harry's steakhouse. it was a little more private & formal. it was really delicious & very nice!!

great pictures! & congratulations! where did you have your hair and make up done?

i did my own hair & makeup. the curly pony tail part was actually a clip in hair piece & i took it to the salon & she put highlights in my hair to make it match. my hair is only shoulder length & i wanted an up-do so a hair piece worked perfectly! i actually bought it from avon & it was only like $20.

welcome back! you were such a beautiful bride!! congratulations!

where did you get your flowers? they're great!

did you bring your own champagne flutes?

i made my flowers & carnival provided the champagne flutes & you get to take them home with you.

Wow...that week went fast! Congratulations! You had an absolutely gorgeous wedding, dress, etc. Beautiful pictures!

It looks like you had a great time. I'm looking forward to my date ..coming soon!

My time is 2 p.m and reception at 2:30. She told me that after the cake cutting and champagne toast, the photographer will take us around the ship for pictures but how is that done when the muster drill is around that time because the ship leaves at 4? How long were you with the photographer and was it done before the muster drill?

Congrats again!

right after our reception we went with the photographer to take pics around the ship. our reception ended around 3 & we were done with pics just before the muster drill. it all went so fast!!

OMGoodness!!

It seems like you were just off to get married.

Thanks for not only coming to share your review but sharing your pictures.

Everything looks so great, and some of your couple shots are really gorgeous.

Congratulations to you both!

I'm planning on bringing silk flowers. I have 6 bridesmaids and 6 groomsmen! this could get pricey :(

Where did you buy your supplies to make your bouquets?

i bought everything from michael's craft store. making the bouts literally only cost like $4 a piece. the rose stems they had there had like 2 roses & a bud on them so you can make more than 1 bout from a stem. i also bought some little white filler flowers that come with a lot on the bunch so there should be plenty to make a few bouts. the bouquets may cost a little more, it just depends on what flowers you choose. some are more expensive b/c they feel & look real. make sure you look for michael's coupons! don't go to the store without them:) i used http://www.mycraftcoupons.com/ to print coupons before i went.

182604_1585230033821_1327875540_31373665_6575931_n.jpg

this was the groom bout i made. i used the 3rd pink rose to make the best man bout.

What a beautiful bride! Your pictures a great and it looks like you all really ejoyed your day.

I have a few questions, I hope you wouldn't mind answering. Your wedding cake, did it come with the design on the frosting/fondant? Did you add anything other than the cake topper? Were you allowed to put any decor around the cake table or guest table? Did you do OOT Bags? If you did, what was used the most? Least? Would you do them again? Sorry for all the questions, but I want to know where it is best to spend my money and what my guest might like. Thank you. Best Wishes!

What a beautiful bride! Your pictures a great and it looks like you all really ejoyed your day.

I have a few questions, I hope you wouldn't mind answering. Your wedding cake, did it come with the design on the frosting/fondant? Did you add anything other than the cake topper? Were you allowed to put any decor around the cake table or guest table? Did you do OOT Bags? If you did, what was used the most? Least? Would you do them again? Sorry for all the questions, but I want to know where it is best to spend my money and what my guest might like. Thank you. Best Wishes!

carnival put the swirly frosting design on the cake themselves. i made seashells out of fondant that they put on the cake for me to sort of make it more customized. i brought seashell "petals" for them to scatter around the cake table & favor table. they put all the rose petals on the tables themselves. i was going to do oot bags & i even bought stuff for them, but when it came down to my suitcase being over 50lbs or not i ditched the bags. i still made bags for my moh and bridesmaid but that was it. they used the crossword puzzle book the most :) the stuff i bought for the bags was

hand sanitizer from bath and body works (all tropical scents)

crossword books

flip flop notepads

shout stain remover wipes

tropical flavor spf chapstick

pocket pack tissues

i'm sure there were a few other things but i can't remember them all :)

hope this helps! & if u have anymore questions feel free to ask

Archived