Renewal of Vows

RAYSAN11

We are doing the Renewal of Vows on our upcoming Zaandam cruise. The only thing I do not know is what do people normally wear for it? Do the participants wear smart casual or do they really dress up. Thank you in advance for your responses.

When we had ours on the O this past May, the dress attire (for 8 couples) ranged from Tux and wedding dress to Dockers with Oxford cloth shirt and tie and a skirt and sweater set.

Most were in between smart casual and formal -- suits with nice dresses

It is YOUR party so you wear what you want. If you are thinking that this is a special occasion and you would like to dress the part, you will not be out of line..............and if you prefer to be casual............that's fine too. totally up to you and what you two want to do. enjoy. have a great cruise :):)

For our RoV on Zuiderdam last year, I wore a tux and my DW wore a very elegant dress. The Captain arrived in full dress uniform. Following the ceremony, we had dinner in the Pinnacle and everyone congratulated us (noticing us by our attire). It was a very special evening.:):)

We are doing the Renewal of Vows on our upcoming Zaandam cruise. The only thing I do not know is what do people normally wear for it? Do the participants wear smart casual or do they really dress up. Thank you in advance for your responses.

We dressed up a bit for the ceremony, they take pictures and I wore a suit and wife a dress. Nobody said you had to wear anything in particular, but most of the folks there were dressed as if it was a formal night.

We had ours on the Noordam in Nov..Because there were three couples with many guests in attendance they had the ceremony in the piano bar..We were all dressed up rather formally..

One couple was renewing on their 50th anniversary with their entire family (approx 25) in attendance..They were from Manila & all the Gentlemen were attired in the white Philippine style formal shirts,the ladies were all in white..The groom was attired in a beautiful all white suit & his wife was in a beautiful long white dress..

Couple No. two's, Gentleman was dressed in a dark suit & his wife wore a lovely street length dress...

I chose to wear an Aqua, ankle length chiffon cocktail dress, w/aqua jacket covered in pink roses & aqua pearls on the sleeves..I wore it for our Son's wedding..DH wore a dark blue suit..All the ladies who were renewing their vows had a small corsage pinned to their dresses & the men had a rose for their buttonhole..Our four best Friends were on board with us & shared in our joyous occassion..One couple attended our wedding 35 years ago..

Captain Scoot was in his dress whites & the lovely Party planner was in a white cocktail dress..

Captain Scott read a statement to all of us who were , renewing our vows about our love & trust in each other..Will not post it as it should be a surprise to you..Then Captain Scott separately had each couple aside with their guests to another quieter area in the room & we repeated our vows..We used HAL's vows as we thought they were very beautiful, but believe you can write your own vows..

They served Champagne & Cake.. We had dinner after that in the MDR & went to the Pinnacle with our Friends the next day..

One mistake we made, as it was not clearly explained to us, was that we should have scheduled an appointment with the photographer prior to the ceremony to have pictures taken of us in our attire, because the picture of us taken at the ceremony was the only one in the album & we were both crying..LOL..

DH made me promise not to cry, but when we were repeating our vows he started to cry first & that sent me into tears..Unfortunately the picture of us in our album makes me look rather sad than happy..

We received a beautiful album with the vows & the picture..We also received beautiful flowers for our cabin which lasted the entire 20 days..

It was such a special occasion for us & hope you will be just as happy with your ceremony..

Congratulations, Betty

Ours on the Amsterdam in December was held on the first formal night so both the couples turned up in formal wear. They take a photo with the Captain after the ceremony so wear what you want to look like in the album they give you.

We did out renewal (25th Anniversary) on the Statendam Panama Canal cruise last fall. It was held on a formal night so we dressed as we would for dinner - wife in long dress and I in dark suit. The other couple dressed the same. Captain was in full dress. A marvelous experience and one we would recommend to anyone wanting to commemorate their marriage in a classy way. Enjoy your cruise and celebration.

Archived