Atlantis Events ALLURE drug abuse

TravelerRoss

Only announcement was Allure 2012. Jan 29 to Feb 5 (FLL-Costa Maya-Cozumel-Labadee-FLL). Unlike previous trips, they only allowed us to rebook our same cabin. If one wants a different cabin, that will happen in the next few weeks.

This was a very different experience, I will work on my review.

Thanks for the information and I eagerly await your review as well! :)

They boarded in Port Everglades, Ft. Lauderdale. :)

My bad.

Have to love Miss Ritchfield for posting a status on Facebook saying she's staying onboard to earn some extra money to help clean up the deck after the Incontinence Party. :D

Apparently, it happening twice that they had to stop the dance because guys had soiled themselves... and the dance floor. Read about this on the Atlantis FB page and confirmed with a friend who was onboard.

Do drugs make things like that happen?

Fortunately there were no deaths onboard our cruise, there were several alpha calls but with 5000+ people that would be normal for any large sailing not just Atlantis. 5 people disembarked in Nassau and I heard total of 19 disembarked in St Thomas which included the arrest of the drug dealer.

Those caught with drugs need to be put on a no sail list.

Fortunately there were no deaths onboard our cruise, there were several alpha calls but with 5000+ people that would be normal for any large sailing not just Atlantis. 5 people disembarked in Nassau and I heard total of 19 disembarked in St Thomas which included the arrest of the drug dealer.

Those caught with drugs need to be put on a no sail list.

I really don't think multiple alpha calls are normal on a regular cruise. I've sailed on OASIS and don't recall any. I'll be sailing on ALLURE this Sunday and I'm going to keep my ears open. I think they happen, but I'm willing to bet the Atlantis cruises had far more than average.

When a dance floor has to be cleared because guys are soiling themselves because of drugs (i.e.: cocaine is often cut with a laxative), I think there is a problem.

Ernie

I really don't think multiple alpha calls are normal on a regular cruise. I've sailed on OASIS and don't recall any. I'll be sailing on ALLURE this Sunday and I'm going to keep my ears open. I think they happen, but I'm willing to bet the Atlantis cruises had far more than average.

When a dance floor has to be cleared because guys are soiling themselves because of drugs (i.e.: cocaine is often cut with a laxative), I think there is a problem.

Ernie

At the risk of sounding like an opportunist, does anyone know if it's illegal to sell Depends undergarments out of your stateroom??

At the risk of sounding like an opportunist' date=' does anyone know if it's illegal to sell Depends undergarments out of your stateroom??[/quote']

I think you are on to something! Perhaps we need to book a cabin next to one of the drug dealers for one-stop shopping! LOL

Ernie

Overheard onboard:

Tweeker #1: Where they holding the T-dance?

Tweeker #2: I think it's on the poop deck.

:eek:

[i'll get me coat...]

LMAO!! That made me laugh out loud. Thanks for my good laugh of the day. heh heh

• 2 weeks later...
The Atlantis website now lists the 2012 Allure of the Seas Cruise as "speculative." Curious.:confused:

Where do you see this, the contract is a done deal. It is currently in preview mode for alumni only to book.

I will keep it short....If drugs abuse bother you...you should avoid Atlantis events cruises....RSVP offers better options and Atlantis EU cruises are much more vocation orientated....let's not forget that alcohol is a drug and cost much more problems then any illegal drugs.....Atlantis Events cruises offer nightlife opportunities as to compare to any club scene in the USA or EU with circuit DJ music. Drugs are always been and be part of nightclub scene. I am not defending drug abuse but if you rely wont a drug free environment please don't look for a cruise that party 24/7.

In regard to the Allure experience>>>> The drugs was not a big problem for me and I expected that when I am going on a "PARTY" cruise....The ships customer service, food and overall commercial laid down of the ship(feels like big shopping mall) ruined it for me. I hope this is helpful.

Next on March 2012 and I hear it will sold out!

Not defending drug use or anyone that is dealing/using on a cruise but even on regular cruises it can be an issue.

Have had several times where people were put off the ship I was on for drug use / abuse or alcohol abuse and disorderly conduct. I don't think you can go on any cruise ship and not see/hear/smell some sort of drug use especially people out smoking marijuana on the their balconies.

Really I think this is getting way more attention than it deserves.

Not defending drug use or anyone that is dealing/using on a cruise but even on regular cruises it can be an issue.

The average age on an RSVP cruise is 49, according to information from one of the volunteers. Therefore it is a difference audience than the Atlantis cruise. Different crowds, different strokes for different folks.

Ethanol, or also known as alcohol is a drug. It is a chemical, much like any other chemical in the environment. Alcohol is also one of the few recreational drugs that is legal. With any drug, alcohol has its own side effects and can be abused like any other substance.

Just some food for thought.

Archived