Glory Medical Emergency Incredible Crew

Ghsthunter

I just wanted to post and let people know how incredible the staff of the Glory are. Just returned from Carnival Glory on Feb 6th and on the last day at 2 am my father had a medical emergency. The crew response was so fast and incredible! The crew not only took care of my father but they helped me and my family through this difficult situation. I plan on writing a letter to Carnival. My father is fine now and we are grateful to everyone who helped us. Things were so confusing that I never got names but I will never forget their faces.

I just wanted to post and let people know how incredible the staff of the Glory are. Just returned from Carnival Glory on Feb 6th and on the last day at 2 am my father had a medical emergency. The crew response was so fast and incredible! The crew not only took care of my father but they helped me and my family through this difficult situation. I plan on writing a letter to Carnival. My father is fine now and we are grateful to everyone who helped us. Things were so confusing that I never got names but I will never forget their faces.

Very glad to hear this... and especially that he is fine now! We experienced a medical emergency on the Liberty a couple years back (DH had a heart attack). The ship's doctor & informary staff saved his life, as the docs who later tended to him at Cayman Island Hospital & Miami hospital told us. The ship's staff & crew helped us with all arrangements (had to debark in Grand Cayman, ambulance waiting, port authority waiting for us, etc), they helped us with our bags, and several crew boarded our own tender boat over to the island to help along with the nurse, etc.

I called & sent emails to EVERYONE I could find at Carnival, all the way up the chain, which were forwarded to the infirmary staff & other management personnel on the Liberty. One of the nurses even emailed us later to see how he was doing. Can't say enough good about them.

And I think it's great for you to come on here & post this. There is always so much negativity about Carnival on here.

I called & sent emails to EVERYONE I could find at Carnival, all the way up the chain, which were forwarded to the infirmary staff & other management personnel on the Liberty. Can't say enough good about them.

quote]

I did the same thing re: my dd's medical issue on our December Dream cruise. Got 2 letter back - one from Gerry Cahill himself, and one from someone at Guest Relations thanking us, and saying they would pass my letter on to all who were involved/named in the letters. They did a great job - especially afterwards, in calming my dh down, letting him call me whenever he wanted, etc. I have nothing but good things to say about the Dream's staff, and CCL's medical emergency team in Miami.:)

Im glad that your father is doing well now. Thankyou for sharing your positive experience. Too often we only hear the negatives about the various staff on cruiseships, and Im not sure that these criticisms are always justified. So I am happy to hear that your experience and your father's was positive.

Several years ago, another cruiseline/ship, a passenger was ill and our ship diverted to San Salvador island Bahamas so he could be airlifted back to the US. The captain of that ship did announce the next day that the passenger was doing well in hospital in Miami, and I thought it was a nice gesture, as even though we dont know the individual, most of us will wonder how it went for them, and hope that they are doing better.

Thanks again for sharing.:)

Glad to hear your father is doing well. The crew(s) are wonderful during a medical emergency. I have seen 2 accidents while onboard, and they were there within seconds of being called. I hope your letter finds it way to those who helped.

Archived