Zip Lines in the Forest?

nujoyzgirl

We went in July, and I never thought we were very high. I'm not good with distances, but my husband estimates we were about 40 plus feet up. You get so caught up in what you're doing, you don't really pay attention to the height. It was a total blast!

at the 011-5-0590-87-86-16. Tried to make a reservation, which they don't take. Said if I get there early (9 am) we can go right through. If the cruise ship tour arrives first (after 9:30), we would have to wait for them to finish before we could go.

I'll be there 3-23. Will post afterwards how it went. We are renting a car, hopefully we won't get too lost....:)

I've never called from Canada, but I think that number should be 011-
-0590-87-86-16.

gary

What would you say the youngest child you would feel comfortable taking is? I ask this because I know my daughter was 48" (what they say in the website) last year and she was only six(we went to Disneyworld, that's how I know), so I know she is a full year taller. She is very strong (gymnastics) but that seems sooooo young.

I have a feeling they are way to young (10 and 7) but it does say 48". Just wondered if anyone could speak to this first hand. I'm thinking no unless I am just reading this really wrong.

What would you say the youngest child you would feel comfortable taking is? I ask this because I know my daughter was 48" (what they say in the website) last year and she was only six(we went to Disneyworld, that's how I know), so I know she is a full year taller. She is very strong (gymnastics) but that seems sooooo young.

I have a feeling they are way to young (10 and 7) but it does say 48". Just wondered if anyone could speak to this first hand. I'm thinking no unless I am just reading this really wrong.

My 12 year old daughter had no problem. It's not so much that it's physically demanding....it's rope bridges and tightrope like bridges and of course zip lines.....I think if they are in the height limit, then age won't matter....heck, they'll most likely get thru it easier than you! It's a blast

When you book this through RCI, what time do you get back to the ship and how many people are on the excursion? Do you spend alot of time waiting around for other people?

It leaves early...you're back on the ship around 1 - 2 p.m. There was a small busload, but the excursion is a course....once you start, you don't wait for anybody...you might sit on a tree stand for a couple of minutes....that's it.

I'm 5'7" and had trouble reaching from step to step in some areas.

Couldn't imagine trying it if I were much shorter. We were expecting more "zipping" and less climbing/tightrope walking. Not much to see, and the course crosses over itself several times. I'd estimate at highest you are 30'-35' off ground. We are 41 and 44 respectively and both fairly physically fit, and found it strenuous. In 1 1/2 hours on course you might spend 3-4 minutes actually doing the zipping, the rest of the time is climbing from one stage to another, and connecting and unconnecting yourself.

It wasn't nearly as much fun as I was expecting, but it wasn't a total waste of time.

• 10 months later...

Tried to "reserve" this through Loterie Farms for my upcoming Valor cruise, but unfortunatly they said it's first come first serve... Looks like I'm going to have to take my chances, as I really don't want the 6 hour tour that shoretrips.com offers. :cool:

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I also would like some recent info on this excursion. We are booking an all day tour but this is one of our possible stops. A few ?'s of those who have taken this zip line. I read that it is strenuous but is it upper body or lower body. I have MS but my mind does not accept that and I really want to do a zip line before it is too late. My balance is sometimes off but I am assuming that we are harnessed in at all times. Any info would be appreciated.

We took this tour a week ago today. It was a blast. Definitely a highlight of our cruise. They were very nice, and the guys there to help were terrific (especially Dion, who befriended my 12 year old son). Both my kids say this was about the best part of the trip. I didn't find it too strenuous, nor did my kids. There was one rope crossing toward the end that required some leg strength to keep you from doing the splits, but everybody in our group (probably at least 50 folks) made it across without any problems. The ziplines, and there are at least six or seven (I really didn't count them) are really fun, especially the last three, which were long and fast (they teach you how to manage your speed beforehand). I really have no complaints, except that it would be better if it could have lasted another hour! Hope this helps!

thanks for the response. I will be there on a Carnival ship which does not offer it so I can do it on my own. The other option is wait until Cozumel or Grand Caymen on my upcoming NCL ship and then it is only offered thru the ship. I am not sure that the ship would allow me to go. I do have a wheeled walker and after a full day would need it to walk back onto the ship. I know it does seem a little strange to be thinking about this kind of excursion and then how to get wheeled onto the ship but as the employee at Home Depot said "take the lemon you have been given and make lemonade!" I will have 2 sea days to recuperate if I do this zip line and it is one of those things in life that I want to do. HHMMMMM decisions, decisions but thanks for the info.

We took this tour a week ago today. It was a blast. Definitely a highlight of our cruise. They were very nice, and the guys there to help were terrific (especially Dion, who befriended my 12 year old son). Both my kids say this was about the best part of the trip. I didn't find it too strenuous, nor did my kids. There was one rope crossing toward the end that required some leg strength to keep you from doing the splits, but everybody in our group (probably at least 50 folks) made it across without any problems. The ziplines, and there are at least six or seven (I really didn't count them) are really fun, especially the last three, which were long and fast (they teach you how to manage your speed beforehand). I really have no complaints, except that it would be better if it could have lasted another hour! Hope this helps!

Did you book this with your cruise ship?? If not what time did you leave the ship? What was taxi cost? Was it hard to get a taxi back to the ship?

Did you book this with your cruise ship?? If not what time did you leave the ship? What was taxi cost? Was it hard to get a taxi back to the ship?

I booked this one thru the ship, as I was told Loterie Farm wouldn't take any other reservations on our day in port. If you were to do it on your own, it is quite a drive from the dock, but I have no idea what the taxi fare would be. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Archived