time zone problem

islasisterchick

Has anyone on a cruise out of Galveston had problems meeting up with your independent excursion in the Caymans? I know that it is an hour later in the Caymans and our ship says we start tendering at 730am CST and my excursion is telling me I need to be on the dock at 745am Cayman time(which is 645 CST), so there is no way. Unless they really start tendering earlier than stated. We're on the Conquest. Anybody know???

Grand Cayman is on EST year-round. Sometimes, the ship remains on the time at port of origination; sometimes, it changes the clock to conform with local time.

Most excursion operators are familiar with the timing of the various cruise ships; that is where their business comes from.

I would contact the operator and discuss with them whether you can make their tour.

We worked with Moby Dick tours last month and they were very familiar with Conquest's schedule. Yes, Conquest will still be on CST (assuming you're leaving prior to the implementation of Daylight Saving Time). If you're down in the main lounge early, you'll tender quickly, barring any weather problems, but you can't be on the dock 45 minutes before the first tender leaves. Find an operator who knows your ship's schedule. When we booked, the operator told ME when our ship would arrive and what time we were booked for. Most do meet you right at the tender pier (Royal Wattler), so there's no travel issues unless there are tender issues that close the Royal pier for some reason.

Archived