JW Marriott Miami

VernaF7449

HI - like a lot of you, I tend to obsess about my vacations and arrange everything ahead of time.

I am going on Navigator of the Seas leaving Miami Dec 31 2005. I am flying in the night before (already booked my flight using frequent flyer miles), and do not land until 8PM.

Has anyone stayed at JW Marriott? Tripadvisor has good reviews of hotel. I know it is in financial district, but we are not into pool or views, but want to be in town so if we want to go out we are a short cab ride away. Also it is a couple of miles from port.

I also want something nice and I love the beds at Marriotts :). In the past I have stayed at Hyatt Regency, but I wanted to try something new.

Marriott web site has $129 AAA rate this hotel for Dec 30, which seems pretty good for the time of year. it is fully refundable so if I find something cheaper on Priceline I can cancel.

What do you think? Think I can do much better for price for a good quality downtown hotel during a holiday week?

Verna

We just recently returned from working 5 days at the Miami Boat Show and stayed at the Marriott Biscayne Bay on N. Bayshore. It is a very nice hotel and gets great reviews on Travelocity. It is adjacent to the Doubletree and you can find several great restaurants, shops, a fantastic market/deli/liquor store - all on the premises. Nice view of the Port of Miami too. You may not be able to match the AAA 129, but we loved it and will probably stay there in Feb 06 before our next cruise. One thing to remember, you probably dont want to walk around after dark in the area, but catching a cab was never a problem.

The JW Marriott on Brickell is a WONDERFUL hotel, and is much MUCH newer and nicer than the Biscayne Bay Marriott!!! The above poster seems to be confusing the two, they're VERY different properties, and in two different worlds... The Biscayne Bay Marriott is NOT is a safe area, but the JW Marriott on Brickell is in a much better neighborhood and a MUCH better hotel. Yes, it's mostly a financial area, but there is a Mortons Steak House across the street and a Gordon Biersch (http://www.gordonbiersch.com/) next door.

You can find many cheaper hotels downtown, but you get what you pay for and I doubt you'll find anything as nice as the JW Marriott for that price.

so you all recommed the jw over the biscayne bay marroitt cause ive got reservations at the biscayne bay marroitt i like the balcony idea overlooking the ships is why i chose it. but i can change.:)

It does offer some spectacular views, I wouldn't change it. ;)

MIsharona,

I guess it depends on what's most important to you. We stayed at the Marriott Biscayne Bay and we thought it was just fine. We watched our ship pull in to Miami from our room, and as it was our first cruise it was pretty exciting. We had never been to Miami before so we didn't know anything about the neighborhood or anything else.

The JW is in a better neighborhood, from what I understand, and is a more upscale hotel simply because it's the top-of-the-line Marriott property. No vew of the ship though. . .

Other than Fairfield Inn's, I'm comfortable with any Marriott brand.

thanks for answering me. we stayed at the sheridan last year and liked it alot anyway im keeping my reservations for the biscayne bay. like you said the view and we are using our points. paid 25.oo more for the outstanding view but i want to look out as we did before and it was nice. post cruise one night i booked the marroitt courtside oceanview only because the kids want to be on the beach. couldnt get in the marriott south beach or eden roc or loews where i really wanted. oh well. thanks again. we just wont go out at night. ha

Archived