Norwegian Sun, want Aft-Facing Balcony but concerned about connecting door

sfBRAD

Granted, this is an old threat. But I just booked 9277 for a 2017 repo from Valparaiso to San Diego.

The pictures and discussion were valuable, and I thank you.

Now, here is a question. If one of those front-facing balconies should become available, should I go for it?

Yes in a minute! Having sailed in 9077 and both of the bow facing balconies, I would pick the bow anytime for the additional space. The room is HUGE, the balcony ever HUGE-ER :rolleyes: The only time I would have to think twice would be if I was going to be on a VERY cold trip. I have to admit on our 'round the horn cruise it was very nice from the Falklands to Patagonia not to be protected from the wind...but we visited friends on the bow and they just had to bundle up, whereas we didn't. Prior to the Falklands and after Patagonia it was VERY warm with no breeze on our aft balcony so I think given you are boarding in Valparaiso you will have warm weather all the way.

If you want another opinion, post on the 2016 rollcall for the same cruise you are doing. One of the cruise critics is in "my" cabin and she will be able to give you a completely accurate report after they finish their cruise in May.

Granted, this is an old threat. But I just booked 9277 for a 2017 repo from Valparaiso to San Diego.

The pictures and discussion were valuable, and I thank you.

I too found valuable information in this thread. I was actually looking at 9077 or 9277 for my cruise next year but both were already taken (18 months prior to cruise date). I really wanted to be on Deck 9 so I ended up splurging for an aft mini suite 9278. I've never been in a mini suite or on the aft so these will be new experiences. Doesn't look like you can really go wrong in any room on the aft on the NCL Sun from what I've seen in my research. Have a great cruise!

That is a GREAT stateroom. It is very similar in size to the bow facing balconies but with the much improved bathroom. No little round shower for you! Also, you will have a huge balcony though our neighbors complained that it always seemed to hold water after a rain. As I recall, the room steward started sweeping it down to help it dry off.

• 8 months later...
I too found valuable information in this thread. I was actually looking at 9077 or 9277 for my cruise next year but both were already taken (18 months prior to cruise date). I really wanted to be on Deck 9 so I ended up splurging for an aft mini suite 9278. I've never been in a mini suite or on the aft so these will be new experiences. Doesn't look like you can really go wrong in any room on the aft on the NCL Sun from what I've seen in my research. Have a great cruise!

You lucky, lucky duck! Our first mini was 9078 and we were hooked. The cabin crawl on that cruise visited 0267, a Deck 10 aft mini, and it has a little more space between some of the furniture so we've booked Deck 10 since then. I'm very sensitive to noise but have noticed very little from Great Outdoors, maybe a chair scraping once in a while in the early morning. And the bathroom!!! Ooh la la!