Hotel near airport in San Juan? One Night.

Marshmelo

Hello. I am getting married on Oct. 2 and we are taking the RC cruise that leaves on Oct. 3. We are thinking about flying out right after our reception Saturday night and staying in a hotel near the airport for that night. Does anyone have suggestions? Or would it be better to find a hotel near the port? Help! Thanks!

Oh, and also is it the Embassy at 8000 Tartak Street? On Travelocity, the description says 1/2 mile from Luis Munoz Marin Int'l Airport and 7 miles from the piers, two blocks from Isla Verde beach. Is this the one? There were a few that came up in San Juan. Thanks Again!

Yes, that is the one and we never heard airplanes at night...

We took a cab to the pier, I think it was about a 10 minutes ride to the Pan American pier (We were on the AOS, Royal caribean) Try Hotwire, we got it for a good deal...Good luck!

AOS 3/14/04

Grand Princess 3/2002

Just returned from a 4/3 pre-cruise stay at the Embassy Suites and had a great time. Loved the hotel and the convenience to the airport and pier. If we go back to San Juan will definitely stay there again. Enjoy your cruise.

What type of transportation did you use from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the pier? And how much was it? Thanks, we are staying at the Embassy in November.

DeeKDRoseTransp.gifabducted.gif

Email: Deanna34769@wmconnect.com

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;11;14;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until our Martian Yatch Club Adventure

RCCL Adventure of the Seas 11/14/04

RCCL Voyager of the Seas 10/26/03

Carnival Pride 11/9/02

Premier Cruise Lines (5 sailings)

Dee-We had to use taxi service both times. There are no complimentary shuttles. From airport to hotel, fee was $8.00 plus luggage fee (first 3 pieces of luggage are 50 cents each, after the third one, $1 each). Carry-on luggage is considered luggage because it takes up space in the taxi. Cost to us for trip to hotel plus 3 pieces of luggage was $9.50 plus tip. When you leave airport there is a taxi stand that will give you an itemized slip with your charges. You keep one copy and the driver gets the other.

Hotel to Pier was about $17.50 plus tip. Can't remember exactly but close to that fee. I know pier to airport was $17.50 plus tip because I still have my cab slip.

*Thee is a note on the taxi slip that states there is an extra $1 accessed during the hours of 10PM to 6AM--late night charge. Don't know if this will apply to you or not.

Archived