Alcohol, Does it enhance or change Cruiser's Personalities?

Renorita

Hi everyone! Being a Psych. R.N. and involved in the Treatment of ETOH/Drug abuse, thought it would be interesting to get some of your opinions on how, if you drink, alcohol usually affects your behavior or others that you have Cruised with.

I am by nature generally very easy to get along with. Love having a good time, and like to have 2 or 3 drinks a day on a Cruise. I get a little silly sometimes, usually talk a little more, think things are funnier then they probably are, and it is easier to meet new folks. And of Course I think that I am funnier then usual! :D Years of experience has taught me that it is no fun being really drunk, in fact I would usually get sick before getting drunk, and being sick is no fun! :eek:

One of the things that I have always wondered about is regarding the really rude passenger. Not the one who is rude because they drank too much, although we have all seen that happen too, but the person who seems to delight in putting others down, or continuing to criticize the people who work on the ships. I wonder if a couple of drinks would enhance that behavior, or mellow them out a bit????? Any thoughts, ideas, or comments?

After being in the restaurant business for about 25 years, I have seen my fair share of drinkers. I have found that most good natured people still are that way(though are a little sloppy). Rude people's behavior gets magnified something awful. Loud, obnoxious, combative and just plain mean. Give me a happy drinker anytime!!!:)

Rude people's behavior gets magnified something awful. Loud' date=' obnoxious, combative and just plain mean. Give me a happy drinker anytime!!!:) [/quote']

I can vouch for that type of behaviour. On the holiday cruise last year, came across 1 guy who was constantly wasted. I mean real STONE F@#$%&NG DRUNK.....

One night, he decided to pick a fight with me and a friend.

We're just minding our own business, and he starts spewing out

these insults. One thing lead to another, and security appeared.

I know there are limits, but this guy didn't have any.

Breaking up with a girl isn't a reason to get plastered, and threaten violence.

Next time, I'll be prepared....

Go to bed Vic, you are off the topic! :D Did Hawaii last Nov., but would enjoy listening to you sing. I think so anyway. er maybe I better wait until I have had my 2-3 drinks, then I will think everybody can sing, even me, NOT! :p

Archived