Silversea just release a bunch more Silver Sailings for 2005

cruisinsince75

They just posted a FIFTY-EIGHT % reduction for Venetian members !!!

This is my first Silversea cruise so not a member, yet. This leads me to believe that we should get some credit since 58% is unusually high.

April 2nd , and April 1st for that matter, are Venetian Value Sailings. Those are last minute releases for past Silversea guests. Since you never sailed Silversea before surprised you even found out about it. If you're on the 2nd it's 55%. You are not entitled to any reimbursement as it clearly states in the fine print explaining the rules. I wouldn't worry about it as if you found out about it a few days ago you would be scrambling for airfares and hotel rooms. Still, after your finished with your cruise you can look forward to these specials and even decide to take one last minute.

Just to be clear, you wouldn't get a reimbursement even if you had sailed Silversea before. These are last minute specials given with less than 30 days notice for people who can travel on the fly. They are simply unloading extra rooms. If you can wait till last minute in the future you might try one of these specials. In any event you are going to have a great time. Enjoy your cruise and look forward to the special last minute ones in the future.

Thanks, Melbcruise. Does the Melb portion require ourne? If so, is it Australia or Florida ? Or peach melba ?? Your advice is easy to take because I enjoy all of my cruises and make friends with fellow cruisers very quickly. I received the news via e-mail from Silversea, although not yet a member.

They just posted a FIFTY-EIGHT % reduction for Venetian members !!!

This is my first Silversea cruise so not a member, yet. This leads me to believe that we should get some credit since 58% is unusually high.

Nev, nevi, neviboy ..... my dear chap. This is a tip, "friend to friend".

Find someone who is already going on your cruise that's a venetian member.

(Tip: Almost everyone who reads this is! Having posted here - I consider you a friend and I'd do it if I were on your cruise!)

Post here for a volunteer willing to mututally benefit. They can take a friend or two. The friends (or two) can enjoy the venetian club discount on some crusies- AND they get an on-board credit for introducing you - which of course they can share with you. Everyone wins except for the SS bottom line.

All's fare(!) in love and war.

Thanks UK1, but there is no board (s) members on this cruise,.I received the usual discounts by booking ages ago, so we are satisfied and looking forward to sailing on Silversea after 5 RSSC cruises (Voyager and Mariner)

My name is Neville because I was born in Leeds and named after my maternal grandfather, and Chamberlain happened to be prime minister in 1927. I'm also a Canadian Citizen having lived in Montreal for 30 years. And I am a Man. Utd. fan, so there !!

Chamby, chamby chamby ........

Excellent - didn't mean to offend re name - just my somewhat socially unacceptable and oft misunderstood sense of humour. Just weanted to offer a cunning money saving idea!

I took some friends on a cruise this year and was suprised that they got the discount and we were able to share the on board credit. Spending it was tough as everything's free!

Hope you enjoy your cruise.

Jeff

For those of you who are resistant to seasickness (crossing the Atlantic on a small ship, which unfortunately I am not), and hoping to try Seabourn, there is an 11 day U.S. Virgin Island to Lisbon cruise this March 27 - April 7, for only $1795 ($163 per diem, at "60% discount", open to everyone, not just club memebers, and even less if your TA gives you a further discount, and American Express gives you the usual $300 per cabin shipboard credit, etc.) You can find this on Seabourn's own website, and this would be a wonderful opportunity, wouldn't it?

• 2 weeks later...

:( Along with those "sail" prices, Silversea has also posted some cut-rates on their business class options.....including one for our transatlantic flight in August. Which means....instead of the $700+ each that I recently paid for non-ref tix in cattle class on American, we could be doing the SS upgrade...for $595 per. Quick, hide the knives!

Does anyone know whether Seabourne posts similar savings?

Time to go mope in a snowbank.........

:(

Does anyone know whether Seabourne posts similar savings?

Time to go mope in a snowbank.........

Hi Sally,

Why don't you try to apply the money paid for the 2 American tickets to a future flight on American? There is a change fee, but it is worth it not to fly in coach for a transatlantic flight. You could use it toward something domestic, and you have, I believe, a year from the date of issuance to do so. Then, you could use the SS business upgrade, which is what I would do in your shoes.

And yes, Seabourn does have similar offers. If you go to their website, click on the link to the right called "Special Offers". You will find select discounted fares, and they are updated frequently. This is available to anyone, regardless of whether or not you have ever sailed the line, unlike SS, which only allows past guests to receive the last-minute emails.

And NO, I am not a TA, just a happy customer of both lines!!!!

Regards,

Denyse

Hi........we are venetian members yet received no news of discounted sailings. Please share how you found out that fab 58% deal? Thanks..........:D

You have to sign up for it. They notify you of any last minute specials in order to fill up the ship. You can do it online on their website.

Thanks, Denyse, for your suggestion. I'd made the assumption that our AA tix had restrictions (just cuz they always seem to). But I did make a call to see if they were refundable....and they are! Which now leaves me free to keep an eye out for a better deal. On the Silversea side of things, however, it turns out I misinterpreted the info on the biz class upgrade - it was just the same old-same old....based on purchase of their hotel/airfare package, which is pretty outrageously priced to begin with (at least for our wallets).

Archived