Taxi to paradise beach with 5 of us???

reallyexcited

we would like to go to paradise beach ..it will be me, Dh our kids who are 2, 6, 9.

are there buses there?? how much are they? are they right there at the port?

how about a taxi? how much is the taxi? is it per person? would we have to pay for the 2 year old as a person?? LOL

Pretty fun experience.......NOT.....I thought we were going to die, doing 80 miles an hour on that thing they called a road....Basically if you take a taxi, sit down, shut up and BUCKLE UP!! It should be abour 7 bucks per person to get there....and yes a 2 year old is a person....And you will not have any problem getting a taxi....like a bunch of cockroaches sitting there waiting to pounce.....Good Luck!:rolleyes:

Pretty fun experience.......NOT.....I thought we were going to die, doing 80 miles an hour on that thing they called a road....Basically if you take a taxi, sit down, shut up and BUCKLE UP!! It should be abour 7 bucks per person to get there....and yes a 2 year old is a person....And you will not have any problem getting a taxi....like a bunch of cockroaches sitting there waiting to pounce.....Good Luck!:rolleyes:

Wow! That's a lot for a taxi, I have never heard of one costing that much to the beach in Cozumel.

we would like to go to paradise beach ..it will be me, Dh our kids who are 2, 6, 9.

are there buses there?? how much are they? are they right there at the port?

how about a taxi? how much is the taxi? is it per person? would we have to pay for the 2 year old as a person?? LOL

We paid $15 one way for a taxi (car) for four people (3 kids and 1 adult). It's my understanding that a van (which is available) would cost more. I'm sorry, I don't know the details. There were no seat belts in our car and we could've fit four in the back seat. It's only 15 minutes or so to Paradise Beach. You'll want to walk through the terminal, past all the vendors and down the escalator. You'll see the white taxis waiting for you at the curb. Be sure to verify your fare BEFORE you get in the car. Supposedly, fares are regulated, but it's a good idea to make the deal on the curb.

As they say, part of the fun is in the journey. So sit back and enjoy the ride. The drivers in Mexico seem to all get along in some crazy, mixed up way...but it works!

Enjoy!

Thanks for all the info!

For the person that posted that it's $7 per person..that's a lot. it would be $70 round trip for us??? seems like way too much

DH and I did it 3 years ago when we went but of course I can't remember. i do remember walking through the outdoor mall...but it's a blur after that LOL and if course I can't remember how much it was. I also remember the taxi drivers in all the ports being crazy drivers...but hey I'm from jersey...I'm used to that LOL

We just went to Paradise Beach two weeks ago. The taxi is $15 for 4 or less. And $20 for 5 and they get you a minivan. One thing I noticed about the water toys is that you have to swim to each one and be pretty athletic to especially get up on the iceberg. My 13 year old son climbed to the top. But my 12 year old daughter couldn't even get up out of the water on it. My son also said he wished he had gotten a life vest because it was tiring to play on the toys and also swim in between them. They have life vests there and I think they are included in the price. The new pool is beautiful. It was not crowded when we were there so I was surprised to hear that some people couldn't place their food orders because the kitchen was slammed. We had ordered our food as soon as we got there, around 11:30 and had no problems.

• 4 months later...

Yep, life vests are included- free of charge. both my kids get them when we go for that very reason- after hours of play in the deep water, you get tired treading!

We were there in April and will be there next week. :D

So a taxi from the pier to PB should be 15.00 plus tip and I should verify that before we hop in?

How deep is the water around the water toys? My DD works in numbers. If I just tell her it's deep she doesn't get it and says that she can do it without a lifevest!:eek:

Thanks!

So a taxi from the pier to PB should be 15.00 plus tip and I should verify that before we hop in?

How deep is the water around the water toys? My DD works in numbers. If I just tell her it's deep she doesn't get it and says that she can do it without a lifevest!:eek:

Thanks!

Verify the fare before you load up, but yeah it's around $15. Depends some on which pier your ship uses (Puerta Maya and International Pier are right beside each other; there is also a pier in the downtown area that is a few miles further away, opposite direction from Paradise Beach - the fare would be a few bucks more if you're at that pier).

Water depth varies; the toys closest to shore are smaller, more geared towards younger kids; depth there is probably around 5 feet - I'm 5ft 10in & could stand with my head out of the water. Some of the others were a little deeper, closer to 6 feet (a few I could stand on tiptoes & keep my nose out of the water, some was very slightly over my head). The biggest toys (iceberg & biggest slide) the water is probably 10 to 12 feet deep.

Archived