Island Princess Handicapped Balcony Staterooms

OPSnorkeler

We are considering the partial transit 10 day Panama Canal cruise on the Island Princess. One of the members in our group is in a motorized wheelchair and will need a handicapped accessible stateroom. He has traveled in a handicapped balcony stateroom on the Baja deck of the Emerald Princess and the Caribbean Princess.

Does anyone have experience in the handicapped balcony rooms on the Island Princess? If so, what deck were you on? Do you know how they compare in size and configuration with the ones on Emerald or Caribbean Princess?

Also, if anyone has photos of the handicapped rooms, I would appreciate seeing them.

Thank you for your help.

If you look at the deck plans for the Island, you'll be able to see where all the handicapped balcony cabins are -- they show up with a little white circle. I know there are a couple aft on Caribe portside, as I walked past them several times a day aboard the Coral. All the cabins on Princess ships (the three little girls excluded) are fundamentally identical inside so if he's been in one previously, they're probably virtually the same to what he's had before.

For general info on the cabins (covered/uncovered balcony, size of balcony, etc.), see this website:

http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

Archived