Fogged In Galveston

Ches94

Wow I spoke too soon. when I last posted it was very clear and then in less than 10 minutes it went to you can not see the ship

Yeah, I saw that, too! It was clear as a bell for about 10-15 minutes, then the fog rolled in again and now the ship is not even visible. This is just crazy; fog affecting two sailings in a row!

I feel for the pax onboard. That must suck to be on a cruise ship and not leave the dock! :(

I feel for them, too. Since this sailing is only a 3 day, when they lose 1 or 2 days like we did last week, they lose most of their cruise. :( At least they are on the ship, though, and not stuck in the terminal, or in the convention center.

In Texas, the ship can only sell what they have purchased locally. Both CCL and RCI have a contract with a Florida based distributor. So, they purchase quantities and varieties based on past history for sale prior to sailing.

No a big deal, you can get your choice of beverage type, but not always your brand selection.

They can sell alcohol from the moment you walk on the ship, but I think they have to charge Texas sales tax until they are in international waters.

I believe the tax thing is true. I remember one time I bought photos on debarkation morning and I paid FL tax. :mad:

So I guess it's another cruise to Nowhere... We are supposed to cruise out on Monday and I hope that we get to actually go to our scheduled ports or at least Cozumel... My boys have been begging us to take them on another and I hope they get to actually go to their ports!! :D

So I guess it's another cruise to Nowhere... We are supposed to cruise out on Monday and I hope that we get to actually go to our scheduled ports or at least Cozumel... My boys have been begging us to take them on another and I hope they get to actually go to their ports!! :D

I think they will still go to Cozumel... the Capt will just Haul Hull!

(at least they can Substitute Progreso--no problem)

Will be wondering what they do...

Yes, shes moving now...

Happy Sails to those onboard!

See ya when you get back!! (and Please Dont be Late!~) :p

Archived