What is the earliest time I can get on?

Sew4me

magic 5/22/11 leaves at 5pm, what is the earliest time we, a family of 4, can get on the ship in Barcelona? Trying to figure out if it is even worth it to try and do some of the city or wait till the end of our trip.

Is a time assigned to you, or do you just show up and get on??

Thanks for any and all help, appreciate it. We're newbies!

Cindy

magic 5/22/11 leaves at 5pm, what is the earliest time we, a family of 4, can get on the ship in Barcelona? Trying to figure out if it is even worth it to try and do some of the city or wait till the end of our trip.

Is a time assigned to you, or do you just show up and get on??

Thanks for any and all help, appreciate it. We're newbies!

Cindy

I usually show up at the terminal around 10:30 to 11........even when I'm in the Med......

Boarding won't begin until all of the passengers from the previous cruise have left the ship.......so boarding usually starts around noon.....Lunch will be available up in the Lido buffet and if it's like the Dream might also be available in the main dining room during embarkation. I'm not sure when the other eating venues like the Red Frog or the Italian restaurant will be open.

I've never sailed out of Barcelona, but ships that sail at 4 P.M. in the states, will usually start embarkation at about 11 A.M. This is subject to lots and lots of factors, but if everything goes as planned, that's about the earliest you can hope to get aboard.

Have a GREAT cruise!

"SKY"

I should also say that after you check in you will be seated inside the terminal. When boarding begins the 1st people on the ship are Wedding Parties, then Handicap's then VIPs (Platinum or Suite's), then general boarding in the same order that you checked in.

Archived