Freedom of the Sea Upgrades?

Electronic mustering on the Allure still meant you went to your muster stations but your seapass was electronically scanned so they knew exactly who you were.

Dont think that even RCI can get past the rules about ships safty, sorry guys still gotta musta!

What is Electronic Mustering?

On the Oasis and Allure they have you assemble in a public area where there are monitors and as your arrive they scan your Seapass card to identify that you are attending the muster drill. Than a video is shown on the monitors with instructions of what to do and where to go in case of an emergency.

That is what we always say..."if you don't muster...you will have to ketchup" :eek: ;)

Could not resist...the 12/11 discount was just too tempting for me. Just had to do it, you know!! Nice "over 6 month" Diamond balcony discount added to that "hot deal" ....you know it just had me like a moth to a flame! (As the DH rolls his eyes!!...harrummff...go figure!! ;) )

Booked and Mingle registered just half an hour ago!! :D :D

So you are on Freedom on Dec. 11?

Still need to sign up for the M&M for my new Jan. 29 cruise and the August 21 one.

So you are on Freedom on Dec. 11?

Still need to sign up for the M&M for my new Jan. 29 cruise and the August 21 one.

Ooops...yes I guess that could go both ways. Being 2011 and crusing on the 11th! :)

Yes, December 11th through the 18th. Was 100 bucks a person cheaper on the Nov 27th sailing, but that was too close to our flight returning from the Turkey day festivities in the Northlands. This date will give us time to unpack, laundry, and repack for the cruise.

Checked on your sail date, but the deal offered on the Dec 11th was just too tempting.

Looking forward to the cruise and to see the new upgrades. :D

Ooops...yes I guess that could go both ways. Being 2011 and crusing on the 11th! :)

Yes, December 11th through the 18th. Was 100 bucks a person cheaper on the Nov 27th sailing, but that was too close to our flight returning from the Turkey day festivities in the Northlands. This date will give us time to unpack, laundry, and repack for the cruise.

Checked on your sail date, but the deal offered on the Dec 11th was just too tempting.

Looking forward to the cruise and to see the new upgrades. :D

Sounds like you got a good deal. December sailings in between Thanksgiving and Christmas are usually fairly cheap. The later you get in January, the more the fare goes up.

Sounds like you got a good deal. December sailings in between Thanksgiving and Christmas are usually fairly cheap. The later you get in January, the more the fare goes up.

Yup, happy with the deal. Though this cruise had a savings certificate of 150 bucks,....sheezz....that darn Diamond balcony discount was just so much more! ;) :D

Yup, happy with the deal. Though this cruise had a savings certificate of 150 bucks,....sheezz....that darn Diamond balcony discount was just so much more! ;) :D
I wish we could still combine the Diamond balcony discount and the savings certificate. We used to be able to combine those two along with stock for $100 Onboard Credit. For awhile, they would not allow you to combine the Onboard Credit from using a Next Cruise Certificate and the Daimond balcony discount.

I wish we could still combine the Diamond balcony discount and the savings certificate. We used to be able to combine those two along with stock for $100 Onboard Credit. For awhile, they would not allow you to combine the Onboard Credit from using a Next Cruise Certificate and the Daimond balcony discount.

I told Customer service that the wording was really vague on the savings certificate, and I was not sure if could not be combined or not. "But I just had to ask to be sure".

If I was wrong...hey that extra 150 bucks would have just made the deal all the sweeter!!

:D

Oh well....can't blame a girl for trying!! ;)

I told Customer service that the wording was really vague on the savings certificate, and I was not sure if could not be combined or not. "But I just had to ask to be sure".

If I was wrong...hey that extra 150 bucks would have just made the deal all the sweeter!!

:D

Oh well....can't blame a girl for trying!! ;)

Good try. I think they were combining so much that they were probably loosing money.

She is one gorgeous ship!!!

Happy beautiful Sunny Sunday afternoon, Sherri! :)

Forgot to mention to you, this will be the first time we will visit the Diamond lounge on the Freedom! Prior to becoming Diamond, we did enjoy the CL (was in twin GS cabins with my sister right next door) and thought it was nice, but missed having any kind of view.

Excited about the nice view in the lounge up there on the "crows nest"!!

Avast, ye maties....I see cocktails ahead! :D

Happy beautiful Sunny Sunday afternoon, Sherri! :)

Forgot to mention to you, this will be the first time we will visit the Diamond lounge on the Freedom! Prior to becoming Diamond, we did enjoy the CL (was in twin GS cabins with my sister right next door) and thought it was nice, but missed having any kind of view.

Excited about the nice view in the lounge up there on the "crows nest"!!

Avast, ye maties....I see cocktails ahead! :D

We realy love the Diamond Lounge. They have everything that the CL has but with a view. The concierge is always helpful. There are also 2 computer terminals and a big screen TV. I usually have breakfast there and we do the pre-dinner drinks.

We realy love the Diamond Lounge. They have everything that the CL has but with a view. The concierge is always helpful. There are also 2 computer terminals and a big screen TV. I usually have breakfast there and we do the pre-dinner drinks.

Yup, that is what I am looking forward to also! :)

Do they have the same wonderful latte/espresso machine that is in the CL? I sure loved those mid morning lattes!

Since it really was a nice sunny day yesterday, (and we were thirsty for Grills Margaritas ;) ) we drove back down to watch sail away. Could not spot which cabin was ours. Will have to study that location a little more. :)

Yup, that is what I am looking forward to also! :)

Do they have the same wonderful latte/espresso machine that is in the CL? I sure loved those mid morning lattes!

Since it really was a nice sunny day yesterday, (and we were thirsty for Grills Margaritas ;) ) we drove back down to watch sail away. Could not spot which cabin was ours. Will have to study that location a little more. :)

They have the same espresso machine as the CL. 24 hours. It's fun to curl up there with a book and a drink from espresso machine.

I can usually spot my cabin as we usually book before or after the hump but we alternate between port and starboard and the starboard side is the one that faces Grills and the other restaurants.

We have not eaten at Grills but have had dinner at Milliken's Reef the last few times we have sailed out of Port C.

They have the same espresso machine as the CL. 24 hours. It's fun to curl up there with a book and a drink from espresso machine.

I can usually spot my cabin as we usually book before or after the hump but we alternate between port and starboard and the starboard side is the one that faces Grills and the other restaurants.

We have not eaten at Grills but have had dinner at Milliken's Reef the last few times we have sailed out of Port C.

I always book the starboard side on all PC sailings. Just have to wave back to the people at Grills and the park, which is my favorite "boat follies" (budweiser powered boat launch ;) ) and cruise ship watching spot, restaurant, and "libation station" on sailaway on our balcony as we slide out to sea! :)

I am further forward this time, in cabin #9260. This may be under "the mother ship"...but not sure. :eek: Scotty beam me up!! ;)

I always book the starboard side on all PC sailings. Just have to wave back to the people at Grills and the park, which is my favorite "boat follies" (budweiser powered boat launch ;) ) and cruise ship watching spot, restaurant, and "libation station" on sailaway on our balcony as we slide out to sea! :)

I am further forward this time, in cabin #9260. This may be under "the mother ship"...but not sure. :eek: Scotty beam me up!! ;)

We were in that area but on deck 10 when we got upgraded to the GS in Feb. We were not directly under the "mother ship."

We were in that area but on deck 10 when we got upgraded to the GS in Feb. We were not directly under the "mother ship."

On my first (and until now ....only) sailing on the Freedom, I had a GS just to the side of the space ship, with only one of our balcony glass sections shaded that odd "waterfall" look.

My sister was next door in another GS and was directly under it. We were worried she would be beamed up at any time! ;)

Only problem I had up there, on that deck in that spot, was one night when the crew was dragging chairs across the solarium deck at 2 am....uhhggggg!! :(

Of course I won't hear it on deck 9....unless whomever is in the GS cabin above us likes to do the polka at 3 am!! :eek: :eek:

On my first (and until now ....only) sailing on the Freedom, I had a GS just to the side of the space ship, with only one of our balcony glass sections shaded that odd "waterfall" look.

My sister was next door in another GS and was directly under it. We were worried she would be beamed up at any time! ;)

Only problem I had up there, on that deck in that spot, was one night when the crew was dragging chairs across the solarium deck at 2 am....uhhggggg!! :(

Of course I won't hear it on deck 9....unless whomever is in the GS cabin above us likes to do the polka at 3 am!! :eek: :eek:

We were far enough back that we did not have the shading although looking down a few cabins I could see shading on balconies (I think it was looking backwards). We were in 1256.

We were far enough back that we did not have the shading although looking down a few cabins I could see shading on balconies (I think it was looking backwards). We were in 1256.

That looks like you were pretty close to right above where we will be. Were you forward or aft of the "spaceship" in that location? I can't remember my cabin number from '08.

I've been watching this thread as we're in a Grand Suite on the Freedom in May. I see you talking about shaded/wavy glass on the balcony? Can you see through it? I've been watching to see if anyone mentions anything about the balcony furniture, but this subject caught my eye. Thanks if you can help me out.:)

Archived