All things Dream!

a3593

Me and 37 of my family and friends are sailing on the Dream in July. :cool:

Absolutely can't wait!!!

I hope someone can help me with two issues regarding the Dream:

Can someone confirm that Carnival still offers bathrobes in all cabins?

Can someone tell me if Ambergris Caye is worth a visit while in Belize?

I understand Mardi Gras night is after the production show. Can you tell me which production show or which night? Thank you.

Let's see:

1) You never change time while on the ship. You are always on SHIP TIME while in port. Watch that carefully. I was on the Western schedule.

2) Yes everyone gets bathrobes. They are very nice.

4) We never got off the ship in Belize so I can't help you there, but you might check the Caribbean Ports of call bard and aask your question over there.

They not only have robes in the cabins for adults but our steward brought a couple for our kids with Funship Freddy embroidered on it. I think he said it was $25 each if we wanted to buy them.

We sailed Feb 12-19th. We didn't have Baby Butch... we had Melody and she was great. Sounds like we got the better end of the deal because nothing pinged us off on the head. LOL

If you're taking your kids, one thing that I absolutely loved about Camp Carnival is that every time we dropped our kids off, the first thing they'd ask them to do is wash their hands. Don't know why that surprised me but I was very impressed.

We saw 3 laser shows in total. The one I liked best was the night of the deck party. But to be honest, they're not that amazing. They look much better in photos than in person. I wish I could figure out how to post some on here.

Oh, Oh, Oh.... the ship is broken up into 3 colored teams. Deck 1 & 2 were red, decks 3-6 were white, decks 7 and up were blue. Make sure you bring a shirt with your deck color, they will be asking you to wear it to the deck party which was A LOT of fun!! My 10 year old daughter partied till almost 1am and will never forget that night. Especially when Butch presented her with a medal for doing the best twist during the pre-deck party.

The Cove balconies rule!! Loved being so close to the water and the privacy. :)

Let's see:

1) You never change time while on the ship. You are always on SHIP TIME while in port. Watch that carefully. I was on the Western schedule.

That may be on the Dream but in NOT true on all ships. Ship time can, and does, change often on many sailings We are sailing (again) during the time when the US changes time and the rest of the world changes for daylight saving time. The ship will tell you- again and again- if on board and on shore are not the same time.

I never said it was ALL ships. This thread is abut the Dream and someone asked about the Dream so I answered. When we were on the Dream 2/19-2/26 we did not change time at all. I have cruised many times on other lines and know fully well about time changes. I rather liked not changing times.

Edited by candbgirl

Thanks shelkate1! I looked at the deck plans & I couldnt figure out where deck chairs would be on deck 5? Are they set out along the lanai? Also, did you find the ship easy to manuver?

The deck chairs are all the way around the ship on Deck 5. Here's a picture of them. http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2781873370030186251cHUdBb

As for manuvering around the ship, yes and no. The ship is easy to manuver, it's the people standing in the way that makes it hard to get from one place to another. The ship is way overcrowded. There were always crowds standing in the walkways making it difficult to get through.

Edited by RWolver672

Here you go. We just got off her Feb 19-26 Western cruise.

The first group is the pix my son took, the second is ours.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/579876815mAElKG

http://travel.webshots.com/album/579861601DYxYDx

Thanks for the pics! My DH and I are going on the Disney Dream in April with the kids and then going on the Carnival Dream in August without the kids. I guess it is the year of Dreams....lol. We are so excited.

Oh wow--this is great info. Thanks a million to all of you "Dream experts" out there. :p

Hi Hawaii697 from the great MD county of Charles!

And PictureChris, I am so angry FOR you:

"Baby Butch/George would bunch them up in a little ball, look for people looking in a different direction and throw them hard with a quick overhand motion. Another passenger noticed this along with me and we were a little shocked at him as he sneered while looking like Malfoy from the Harry Potter films."

What is his problem?! I really hope he is repremanded in some way--that is totally foul!! UGH! :mad: But, Malfoy?? LOL!!!

Here are a few cool pics I found:

Carnival_Dream_outdoor_cafe_001.jpg

One of the neat whirlpools that extend over the beam of the ship.

You all may have seen this, but I thought this was a nice photo of the atrium:

dream-atrium-jpeg-300x201.jpg

I've seen alot of different threads about the Dream, so I thought it would be great to have one thread for it! :D Lets see how packed we can get this one with tips, info, photos, etc. To kick it off, a few things I've found:

Try the Pasta Bar! It's easy to miss. You have to go to the back of the buffett and look for the staircase behind the dessert bar. Go up and you can order anything made your way.

"secret door" is on deck nine. Go all the way forward and through the double doors and you will be on the forward facing deck over the bridge.

Take advantage of the lanai deck. Since it goes all the way around the ship with no roadblocks you can easily get your walking done there.

*Thank you GlendaleCruiser for all the above info!* :D

Also, I've read that instead of the internet station being in one place, they are spread out through decks 3,4, & 5.

And, the "specialty" food chouces, like Indian Tandoor & the aforementioned pasta bar, are only open lunch hours, so take advantage.

Anyone else care to add? :)

Thank you so much for opening a thread to the Dream! My wife and I will be going on the Dream on Jan 7,2012 and we're trying to get as much information as possible.WE CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!:D

I agree, thank you to the OP, this is a fantastic thread!!:)

Sailing on the Dream Jan. 14th 2012, seems all by myself as there is no-one on the roll call:( Hoping that eventually someone will book 1/14/12!

Aft Cabins below Lido Deck.....DON'T book them! The noise @ 1a, 5a, 6a....crazy and we could not sleep. It was so bad that Carnival Refunded 15% of cruise price and gave me 10% off my next cruise.

We spent 2/26-3/5 in rooms 9451 & 9455 and noise was not an issue at all. As a matter of fact, comments were made at how unbelievably quiet it was. We heard chairs scraping the floor a couple of times during the day, but it was not a problem during sleeping hours.

Has anyone done the your time dining on the Dream? What restaurant is it in? We are going to give it a try on our up coming cruise any info would be appreciated

Didn't do Your Time Dining.. But I believe you get assigned to a MDR & you wait until a table is ready, if you even have to wait to begin with. Many people have said that waiting was a non-issue. Anyways, I have heard that if you like a particular table & dining team, you can request to have them each night.

My DH and I did the your time dining on the Destiny. We were in the MDR and never waited more than a couple of minutes. We arrived at all sorts of times (6pm, 7pm and later). I know if you request a specific server you may have a wait but we never made a request.

We are doing the same for our August Dream cruise because we liked the freedom of eating when we wanted to.

--Lindsay

I was thinking about booking the Dream for Nov. and have a question... How tall do you have to be for the plunger slide?? My DD is 44'' as of now and she will be really upset if she can't go. In the beginning we were gonna go on the Disney Dream , but I decided to go on Disney in Feb. 2012. Since my DD wasn't tall enough for the aqua duck. Thanks so much!!

My DH and I did the your time dining on the Destiny. We were in the MDR and never waited more than a couple of minutes. We arrived at all sorts of times (6pm, 7pm and later). I know if you request a specific server you may have a wait but we never made a request.

We are doing the same for our August Dream cruise because we liked the freedom of eating when we wanted to.

--Lindsay

Thank you...you do get the same menu weather your have early...late...or your time dining right?