Wireless for an I-Phone, etc in St. Thomas

sag1804

Hello. I have an I-PHONE and can connect to any wi-fi area for my phone. I just wanted to know which places I could do that in St. Thomas so that I will not incure any fees. ANY places any of you have ever been to and ANY of you who have ever brought an I phone with you let me know your secrets, tips, etc. to get the most out of it. Thanks a lot in advance. :)

Hello. I have an I-PHONE and can connect to any wi-fi area for my phone. I just wanted to know which places I could do that in St. Thomas so that I will not incure any fees. ANY places any of you have ever been to and ANY of you who have ever brought an I phone with you let me know your secrets, tips, etc. to get the most out of it. Thanks a lot in advance. :)

Should have service there to use your network internet. It's part of At&t's service or if you have verizon.

I have an iphone as we'll, US Virign Island and Puerto Rico are INCLUDED as apart of the USA so there should be no roaming charges or any other charges. Any other islands are going to be like 2.29 a min plus roaming.

Just turn AIRPLANE MODE on before leaving the port and anytime your near a wifi hot spot turn wifi on to go on facebook etc. I called because i want to use my phone as an ipod and this is the info i got so i dont get charged if the phone is on, Once in airplane mode the phone wont get cell or data service to use the phone turn off airplane mode. Please call your service provider and ask. I dont want anyone to take my sole word. I

spoke with Venetta Barber on 2/28/11 @ AT&T :D

I just spoke to my At & T rep about St. Thomas. I'm so nervous about coming home to a mega cell phone bill. They did confirm that St. Thomas is a US territory, If you have AT & T, while there, use your phone as you would in the states. No extra fees. You do need to wait until you get off from the ship. You don't want to pick up the ships towers.:)

• 3 weeks later...

I used my phone in St. Thomas and San Juan. Was great. People give ATT a lot of crap but I was able to use it at both places AND when in grand turk I just used the wireless from the bar. The only day I couldn't use my phone was the private island. I would recomend everyone bringing their I Phones with them =)

Archived