Carnival Dream 2/19/11 - My 2nd trip report ever

jackdis

• 2 weeks later...
Great Review! Sailing on the Dream in December and like you planning, planning, planning and searching CC for anything Dream. Glad to have found this little (long) gem of a revew! Thanks for taking the time to be so detailed! :)

You are most welcome!!! I hope you have have a wonderful time on the Dream. I would love to go on her again someday!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
As I am sitting here in bed recovering from 7 days of the flu, it was nice to open your review. You have a fun writers voice. I'm looking forward to the rest. We went on the Dream western in February 2010 and were blessed to have made it to all ports and I fell in love with Roatan (we also used VB). So much that we are doing a very similar iten. next month on the Legend and getting the same guide for the day. I really hope you get there because it is amazing.

I hope to be on the Dream on this same itinerary in May or June 2012. It will be very convenient as Port Canaveral is 35-40 minutes from home for me. :D

Thank you so much!

I think 3 hours should be ok from Tampa airport, but we did get stuck in quite a bit of traffic on 1-4, so I always try to leave more than enough time.

For future reference, time can be saved by taking I-4 out of Tampa to 417 north to 528 east straight to Port Canaveral. 417 is a toll road, but there is MUCH LESS traffic than taking I-4 to 528. Going this way eliminates most of the Disney traffic.

I live in Brevard County, Fl and drive to visit my parents in the Tampa area several times a year. I found this way to be much faster. I cut off 30 minutes, an possibly more, if there is heavy traffic in the tourist trap 528/I-4 zone.

• 8 months later...

Awesome review!! Loved hearing all about your vacation on the Dream. We are booked on her feb. 2013. Can't wait. We too are from NY, gotta have that midwinter tropical vacation!! Thanks again, such a great job!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Awesome review!! Loved hearing all about your vacation on the Dream. We are booked on her feb. 2013. Can't wait. We too are from NY, gotta have that midwinter tropical vacation!! Thanks again, such a great job!

Thank you, TEK! That is my favorite time to go. Unfortunately we do not have the week off this year. Have a fantastic time. I hope to sail on the Dream again someday!!

Great review! Thank you for taking the time to do it!

We will be on the Dream, same itinerary in January and this has helped :)

I'm so glad it helped. Thank you and have a fantastic time!!!

Archived