carnival dream and glory difference and crowd?

redhydra

Hi

here is a question, carnival dream vs glory, are they major difference exept the tonnage and size??

second question, on either carnival dream or glory, does it really feel like its crowded or not?

wich of these ship feel more crowded when you walk on the decks?

i read the number of passenger in carnival glory wich is about 2900, i am not very experienced with cruise but to me its sound a lot for a ship of this size , if you compare it to , i am not sure what its neareast equivalent in other company, lets say, norwegian pearl, wich is about the same size but lower tonnage, the pearl has 2400 passenger

and same for carnival dream, 3600 passenger for a ship wich is about 305 meter long compare to freedom of the seas wich is about 340 meter long for 4000 passenger

what is your opinion on this?? thanks in advance

cruisedeckplans has space ratios. Iv cruised on Conquest (sister to Glory) and typically 3300 pax and that was off season.

Built 2003 Years old 8 Passengers 2974 - 3700

Cabins 1487 Space Ratio 30 - 37 Tons 110239

Speed 21.0 Length 952 Beam 116 Crew 1150

Built 2009 Years old 2 Passengers 3046 - 4631

Cabins 1523 Space Ratio 28 - 42 Tons 128000

Speed 22.5 Length 1004 Beam 121 Crew 1369

Dream has more complaints of overcrowding ...but I would go on either equally.

We have cruised on the Glory and just got off the Dream. The Dream is longer but the public areas have decreased in size. The added length is all cabins. There were 4100 people on our cruise and it was crowded. They eliminated the tiered area on the Lido deck. You could easily find lounge chairs on the Dream but not anywhere near the pool. She only has two pools and they were always crowded. Sea Days is a nightmare on the Dream.

thank you

yeah i heard about the complaint of space ratio for dream wich is why i asked and decided it to compare with the glory (the ship i intend to sale with if i choose carnival

thought i haven't heard anything bad about glory in term of space ratio

by the way, where did you find the information for space ratio??

I have to agree, the Dream really seemed more crowded. I also like the tiered seating near the pool. Never seemed to have trouble finding a space to sit. On the Dream, because we didn't want to sit down in the bowl, we felt very away from the action.

We liked the Glory much better than the Dream The Dream seemed over crowed and the lines were much longer. The décor for us was much better on the Glory, it’s just a classier looking ship.

Archived