Holy Land 2011 no more?

brazzleman

Looking at the Windstar cruise itineraries, and noticed the Windstar isn't doing the Holy Land. I had thought with the turmoil in Egypt that they'd substitute other ports, but all I saw was some interesting itineraries to unusual ports. Athens to Malta one week, and then hitting the same ports back to Athens, followed by an Athens to Athens. I never saw a press release or any information re: the cancellation.

I wonder how they accommodated those who already booked.

You're right; appears the itinerary has been totally changed. It would be interesting if someone who's booked this cruise would come on and post what happened. I'm assuming those previously booked will receive some sort of accomodation.

You're right; appears the itinerary has been totally changed. It would be interesting if someone who's booked this cruise would come on and post what happened. I'm assuming those previously booked will receive some sort of accomodation.

We cancelled before the changes. I don't think the trips ever sold as well as they thought they would. They were pretty expensive and that may have scared people off even without the recent turmoil in Egypt. We had thought the price might drop sometime after we booked last spring but it didn't.

I can fully understand why they canceled this cruise. When they first announced the Holy Land cruise, my wife and I figured it would be a great itinerary. However, when the actual schedule came out, it seemed that, to see the various sites, you had to take too many organized tours and then wind up staying onshore at least one night to see key sites. On top of that, the price seemed high (which was understandable).

Bottom line we passed on it and decided to take a different itinerary.

Thanks for the information. We were also interested in this cruise, but for the price, we could have had an incredible land trip, so we passed. Still interested in knowing what happened for people who did book this cruise.

Archived