Got the 3 most important things done for my Cruise !!

KNowme1st

1: I booked it, June 25,2012

2: I paid the deposit

3: I picked up the items for the 2 grandsons to decorate the door !

everything else is just fluff after that. lol

So what do you condider your top 3 things?

As soon as those 3 things are done, I start my "cruise binder." I have dividers for the various ports, my docs, deck plans, Fun Times (Capers), etc. :D

Do you have any pics to show of your "cruise binder"? I need to figure out a better way to organize our stuff as we get ready for our cruises.

1. Pay deposit on Cruise and start the countdown!

2. Come over to CC and check out the Roll Call group!! We had an awesome group last year on the Dream!

3. Start choosing excursions and/or make plans for each port!

I like the idea of the binder - that would make it easier to keep everything together - I save everything for the cruise scrapbook!

1. Deposit for cruise

2. Airfare

3. Shopping for new clothes (but I love to shop) :-)

P.S. I also organize a binder with dividers. It comes in handy when trying to keep everything organized, especially with excursions, hotel info, transfers, etc.

1.Deposit for cruise

2. Set up payoff account

3. Set up fun-money account.

I try to create a budget based on my normal spending habits while onboard. I set up an account for gambling, excursions and other incidentals. I have the money diverted from my paycheck before I see it so its there waiting when I am ready to hit the ship. Plus it helps to book 8-12 months out:D

Do you have any pics to show of your "cruise binder"? I need to figure out a better way to organize our stuff as we get ready for our cruises.

No, but I will try to take one and upload it soon. I get a view binder one so I can create my own cover sheet and then slide it into the plastic cover. I also put the local maps that I print out in there, info from different travel sites, excursion options, etc. It really isn't as important with my small cruises as it was for long ones, but I like doing it and it keeps everything organized and together. DH makes fun of me, but he references it all the time. :)

1. Pay deposit

2. Open Sail & Sign "Savings" account

3. Read just about every post imaginable on CC (this only being my 2nd cruise I'm learning so much.)

I too have a binder that contains everything cruise related. I've printed so many pages of packing lists, tips & advise on excursions, etc that I've gone through 2 ink cartridges already & theres still 132 days to go. My DH thinks I'm crazy & over obessing, but I'm so excited I cant help!!!

1. Put in for Vacation to be approved!

2. Book Cruise

3. Bore my co workers with non stop cruise talk.. (can't help myself)

Here is my binder.. Zip bag for all required documentation (everyone get's one), includes luggage tags, even the zip ties, boarding pass, birth certificates (an Marriage License or any required documents). Every one has a section. I print out everything!

binder.jpg

The 2nd thing I do after making our initial cruise deposit is buy travel insurance (not from Carnival). We (DH) needs the pre-existing waiver, and many of them require you purchase it within 14 days or so.

As soon as those 3 things are done, I start my "cruise binder." I have dividers for the various ports, my docs, deck plans, Fun Times (Capers), etc. :D

I have my cruise binder too. Although it is more of a folder. everything cruise related goes in it and it comes with me on the cruise

1. book cruise
  2. save for final payment so it is all paid off before we sail including excursions and tips
  3. live on cruisecritic!

No, but I will try to take one and upload it soon. I get a view binder one so I can create my own cover sheet and then slide it into the plastic cover. I also put the local maps that I print out in there, info from different travel sites, excursion options, etc. It really isn't as important with my small cruises as it was for long ones, but I like doing it and it keeps everything organized and together. DH makes fun of me, but he references it all the time. :)

I need a better one as well. Mine is the yellow vinyl one that one of the kids brought home from school at the end of the year. 2 pockets and brads. My husband makes fun of me too but he looks in it to answer questions for the other couple going with us all the time.

I do the same, my DW say's I am OCD about planning:D

Our next cruise is 5/8, Tomorrow I start my plan of action:cool:

Ohhhh I like the binder idea better then my bill finder thingy. I may have to use that idea this time.

I use colored folders for each port or section that I need and one big expandable folder for everything in it. The folders have worked great because the night before the port, I just pull it out and everything is in it. I also give itenary's to everyone so that they know what is going on.

I really like the binder idea and will check into that.

Karen

Archived