europe 2012 schedules

i guide the sky

Booking in the UK for Eclipse opens on the 10th March. Celebrity UK have the details of our cruise and cabin wishes, and will ring us tomorrow to give us the prices. Free parking and OBC is included I believe.

Richard

I am confused. I just called Celebrity about booking a 2012 cruise and asked if a past cruise traveler could book ahead of the public date. I was told no, yet I have seen people post on here that they did this. Then I asked about UK being able to book the Eclipse on March 10th and I was told they will not be able to book before the rest of us and the expected date is March 24th. Wer are very anxious to book to get our desired cabins so I wonder what the real story is. For those who have booked as schedules come out in past years what is your experience?

I for some reason am on the Celebrity UK e-mail list (even though I am in U.S.) and received an e-mail from them saying that booking for Eclipse (summer of 2012) opens at 9am tomorrow (March 9th) for Captain's Club members as part of a 24 hour sale only open for Captain's Club members. There are incentives such as $200 OBC for suite or balcony, free parking on select sailings and regional airfare starting at 99 pounds. I know Celebrity tries to market Eclipse as being a ship geared towards UK passengers, so maybe that is why this event appears to be for UK only.

The e-mail also announces new "enhancements" including:

*Champagne Royal Tea Experience

*A full range of British beers (from Boddingtons to Guinness)

*The innovative use of iPads with the introduction of interactive iPad menus in Qsine

*Beverage charges on board will be inclusive of service charge; a first for any ship within Celebrity Cruises’ fleet

*National British newspapers available via iPads

Edit: Here is a link to a website with detailed information referenced in the e-mail I received: http://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/captains-club-early-booking-window?cid=UKCCEM_CCEarlyBook_080311_Enhance&wuc=GBR&sp_rid=NzUyMDcxMTM4MQS2&sp_mid=36358811

I am confused. I just called Celebrity about booking a 2012 cruise and asked if a past cruise traveler could book ahead of the public date. I was told no, yet I have seen people post on here that they did this. Then I asked about UK being able to book the Eclipse on March 10th and I was told they will not be able to book before the rest of us and the expected date is March 24th. Wer are very anxious to book to get our desired cabins so I wonder what the real story is. For those who have booked as schedules come out in past years what is your experience?

Eclipse opens 9am tomorrow morning here for Captains Club members only (thats 4am EST!).

Then to everyone else on 10th.

Archived