Thoughts about cruising in early May?

bigmacfan

I am considering booking a cruise for May 8-15 on the Valor and I have never cruised this early in the season. Any thoughts from any of you about cruising this time of year. What is the weather like in the Eastern Caribbean? How many kids are on-board? What would you expect to be a good price for this time of year for a balcony for a new ship?

Anytime you are cruising during a "holiday" you might want to expect higher pricing. However, since it is a 7 day cruise, it may not be so bad... Most schools will still be in as well... Just check around with some agents and Carnival for pricing... good luck!!

We went in early May on the Eastern route in 2003. Loved the weather. It was in the low 80's every day with the nights getting down to the 70's. It rained on us once that trip, while we were in St. Thomas. It poured for about 5 minutes. We were in a store at the time. When we came out 10 minutes later, everything was dry!

We are going to the Eastern again at the end of April this year. The weather was part of our decision making process. I recommend it!

We've cruised many times in March/April. We love it as by late May it starts to get HOT. Just make sure you don't go right over spring break (usually the week before and after Easter) and there shouldn't be huge numbers of kids.

Archived