Adventure of the Seas - LONG trip report- Feb 27

I need to add one more item to this report. Dominica ended up being our favorite island, which I suppose is ironic because Carnival (and possibly others) is dropping Dominica as a port. Not sure why...it's a cool place.

Special mention on Dominica is a bar (don't recall the exact name) but it has "Ruins" in the name. There is a very cool "Rasta" guy who waits on the tables. Very outgoing, takes pictures with the bar patrons, etc. The fact that local beers are $2.00 is also a major plus! When we returned from our tubing expedition we were looking for a bar and we first walked into a bar that could best be described as "iffy". We were the only tourists in the place and after about 30 seconds we figured we should go elsewhere. That's when we found the "Ruins" bar. It was full of cruise passengers looking for some local flavor, good service and good prices. If you stop in Dominica, be sure to stop in the "Ruins" bar...not far from the dock...(wish I could remember the full name).

• 2 weeks later...
Trust me...there was a LOT of whitewater when we went. (That's what made it fun). Both of the other couple who went with us fell out of their tubes...I'm surprised neither one of us did. But it was an absolute blast!

Hey schmoopie, I hope you get this before we leave tomorrow. What did you do with your belongings while you were tubing? Do they have lockers or something to put towels, wallets, etc?

Thanks much! Leaving in 24 hours for San Juan:D

• 1 month later...
We took the ginger because of tips we found on CC. The label says they can help with nausea and dizziness caused by motion sickness. I don't know if they actually did much, but neither of us got seasick, so maybe there really is something to them.

Mythbusters did a show on motion sickness and ginger proved to be the best option with the least side effects!

Archived