Cruising with a birth certificate

We will be traveling on the Monarch (so stops in Nassau and Coco Cay) and our 14 year old daughter will not have a passport. We were planning on using her birth certificate as our boarding document.

I totally understand the pros of getting a passport. It's just not going to happen at this point. ;)

When we go to Nassau, will the sail pass and birth certificate be enough to reboard? I've seen a lot of posts say that you need your sail card and a photo ID, but since she is 14, she won't have a drivers license.

Thank you!:D

We will be traveling on the Monarch (so stops in Nassau and Coco Cay) and our 14 year old daughter will not have a passport. We were planning on using her birth certificate as our boarding document.

I totally understand the pros of getting a passport. It's just not going to happen at this point. ;)

When we go to Nassau, will the sail pass and birth certificate be enough to reboard? I've seen a lot of posts say that you need your sail card and a photo ID, but since she is 14, she won't have a drivers license.

In order to board the ship in Port Canaveral, she must have a CERTIFIED OFFICIAL birth certificate. Hospital certificates do NOT count. Many have a raised seal; some have a printed seal, but that seal must be from your state, not the hospital.

To re-board in port, all she (or anyone) needs is her seapass and YOU. Under 16 don't need photo I.D. But she has to be with you, and YOU need your SeaPass and driver's license.

You will shows yours to verify her since she is too young. Or if she has a school ID then bring that. You do NOT need to carry her birth certificate off the ship, leave in in the safe. Make sure the bc is a state certified one not the cute one with the foot prints.

Thank you Merion_Mom and Sue L!

We definitely have the official BC, it has the raised seal.

This is great news - I was also worried about the BC getting wet in port or something. I know that I will be getting wet, but I think RCI is used to that! ;)

Archived