How is the very front of the ship rooms?

Missiowa

Last time we cruised we did a inside room, we figured it was just a place to sleep, it was a short cruise. This time, we are on a 7 day and we picked a new scenic oceanview room facing forward on the very front of the ship, above the bridge. My question is, will be get sea sick? Feel the wind? Hear the ancor? I hear all kinds of things. PLease fill me in! Thanks,

Those are very nice cabins and actually quite coveted!! Just remember to close the drapes as folks will be able to look into your cabin from the forward observation area.

No worries about the anchor as it's many, many feet below you. You may notice more motion there than midships, however.

I can't address the seasickness thingy as that's a very personal issue. If you're prone to motion sickness then, yes, that location will make it a little tougher to keep your tummy stable...

:)

Last time we cruised we did a inside room, we figured it was just a place to sleep, it was a short cruise. This time, we are on a 7 day and we picked a new scenic oceanview room facing forward on the very front of the ship, above the bridge. My question is, will be get sea sick? Feel the wind? Hear the ancor? I hear all kinds of things. PLease fill me in! Thanks,

We had the very front of the ship in January. There is a side door with leading to the bow of the ship. What a great view for entering and leaving ports. (When sailing it can be very windy). Not to much motion either--actually help me sleep.

Cathy

Those are very nice cabins and actually quite coveted!! Just remember to close the drapes as folks will be able to look into your cabin from the forward observation area.

No worries about the anchor as it's many, many feet below you. You may notice more motion there than midships, however.

I can't address the seasickness thingy as that's a very personal issue. If you're prone to motion sickness then, yes, that location will make it a little tougher to keep your tummy stable...

Hey, Mach! Glad to see you back!!:):)

You missed a lot - have you looked at the "kids at the bar" thread yet?:eek::rolleyes:

We've always had a balcony except on our Baltic Sea cruise. Although it was with HAL, on The Eurodam, our forward looking window cabin was really outstanding and we sat for hours reading, relaxing and looking out the very large picture window we had on this particular ship. We noticed very little movement either. Hope you enjoy your cruise!

I have had an outside cabin that was way forward. It was out of Miami and the seas were very rough. The waves were hitting the bow of the ship late at night, I was awake from it and didn't know if my roomie was. I didn't want to wake her so laid there and then I heard her laughing as it was so damn loud...we both just started laughing our butts off. Next day everything was a lot calmer, so yea it was loud, but frankly it was kind of fun!

Hey, Mach! Glad to see you back!!:):)

You missed a lot - have you looked at the "kids at the bar" thread yet?:eek::rolleyes:

Nope, sure haven't... Sorry I've been gone but just sitting at the computer and trying to focus brought on massive headaches. I've got some sinus problems that seem to flare up after a cruise.

Should that thread pop back up I'll take a close look at it...

It sound to me like your talking about the new scenic oceanview rooms on the Valor, with the floor-to-ceiling windows. If that is what you were talking about, don't worry about what was said regarding closing drapes so that people can't look in or about the forward observation deck. If you have one of those new floor-to-ceiling window rooms, there will be no observation deck outside your window, and nobody will be able to look into your room. The front of the ship does experience more motion, but if you come prepared for more motion, it shouldn't be a big problem. If you come prepared but you still get sick, it probably would've happened no matter what room you had. I'm not sure about hearing the wind from inside the room, but it does seem to be windy on those observation decks outside. You shouldn't hear the anchor way up there. People talk about hearing the anchor with the tendered ports when they have rooms down on Decks 1 & 2. These rooms are brand new, and we're very interested in hearing some reports on them and seeing some pictures. Hopefully, the Freedom will also get this upgrade!

We had a room like that when we sailed on the Dream last September. We loved the room and like another said, it was really like having our very own huge balcony just by going through a side door. We loved it and whenever we sail the Dream again we intend on trying to get the same room. The seas were rough the last night and I did get sick but luckily it was the last night and once I took my motion meds I was fine. Enjoy your cruise!

Archived