what drinks are free vs what can you get w/ soda card

valtandc

Does the card get you cans of soda or fountain soda? I am a HUGE fan of mr pibb and if I knew Carnival had it on the Dream I would have bought a card on day one to get my fix.

On Carnival they put a soda sticker on your Sign & Sail card. When you want a soda go to any bar and they will open a can and pour your drink. They don't give you the whole can, but you can go back and get as many as you like one at a time. If you bring your own large cup they will fill that from the can.

Does the card get you cans of soda or fountain soda? I am a HUGE fan of mr pibb and if I knew Carnival had it on the Dream I would have bought a card on day one to get my fix.

It's cans! Ugh! Hate cans. They are warm cans. They give you a cup of ice and pour warm soda over it. They don't even give you the whole can. That's my one major gripe about Carnival. So now I just bring my own sodas.

One good thing to remember is that Carnival allow you to take 12 cans/bottles of soda per person on board with you at embarkation. If you like a certain drink or don't want to pay $50+ for a soda card this is worth considering.:D

As a family of 4 we will be taking 48 cans / bottles on ( mainly for the kids!)

How do you take soda on? Just put a seperate luggage tag on it? We are flying in and taking taxi to the port. Is there someplace close where we could purchase it before we board the ship?

How do you take soda on? Just put a seperate luggage tag on it? We are flying in and taking taxi to the port. Is there someplace close where we could purchase it before we board the ship?

'

Carnival says that it must be in your carryon....

It's cans! Ugh! Hate cans. They are warm cans. They give you a cup of ice and pour warm soda over it. They don't even give you the whole can. That's my one major gripe about Carnival. So now I just bring my own sodas.

darn. good point. pouring warm soda over ice sucks.

One good thing to remember is that Carnival allow you to take 12 cans/bottles of soda per person on board with you at embarkation. If you like a certain drink or don't want to pay $50+ for a soda card this is worth considering.:D

As a family of 4 we will be taking 48 cans / bottles on ( mainly for the kids!)

This is what I am doing. DH insists on getting a soda card for himself, I'd rather bring on a pack for a couple of bucks (the reclosable kind), I have one of those cheap hot/cold bags that I will ask the Steward to fill with ice and use that as my cooler so I have cold sodas. This way I can use my money for the DOD by the pool or serenity deck ;)

Our grandson uses it for juice from the bar all day long. He doesn't like soda.

Just take several empty water bottles up to Lido Buffet each morning and stock up on the juices then keep them in your room. Although, if money isn't a worry, then the card is probably much more convenient. :)

I will definitely be bring a couple of 12 packs (1 for me and 1 for DW) of my favorite soda, Sun Drop, because it is only sold within about a 50-mile radius of where I live. I can't live without it. Also, lucky for me that my favorite drink of choice is vodka and lemonade!

• 2 weeks later...

I live in Middle TN and have enjoyed Sundrop since the mid 60's. Below is copied news that Sundrop is going to expand. Maybe we want have to carry them with us when we leave home.

Dr Pepper Snapple Group plans to distribute Sun Drop nationwide beginning in 2011, with a new campaign that features an updated web site, a Facebook page, and a promotional deal with MTV.[5] The Sun Drop marketing plan is a component of Dr Pepper Snapple's efforts to expand its non-cola soda sales and is targeting drinkers of PepsiCo's Mountain Dew brand.[5]

Archived