Puerto Vallarta - Marina Car Rental

sbnuggie

Has anyone rented a car at the Marina? Are there booths there? We rented a car last time we were in PV on a cruise way back in 2004. Looking to do it again. Did a search, the most recent thread was from 2008 telling people not to rent. I've driven many times in Mexico, I know the dangers etc.

Anyone in the know? Thanks

If you arrive on a cruiseship you will not arrive at the marina (that is for yachts) but at the maritime terminal.

Opposite this on the parkingplace of Walmart there is a small outlet of Hertz carrental. Since they hardly have any cars there it looks like it is for people holding reservations only.

Know that traffic in and around P. Vallarta can be hectic with sometimes some different rules e.g. when making a leftturn.

Thank you for the response. Usually in most cruise ports, in the terminal area there are vendors for car rental right in the terminal area then they shuttle you to cars or what not. My wife and I rented a jeep last time in PV at the terminal but that was 7 yrs ago. I guess we will just wing it. Our plan was to go down to Mismaloya area then back into town. Figured with 10 people cheaper to rent two cars for the day then find a big enough van/cab. I realize parking downtown is bad but hey its mexico, where the driving "laws" are more guidelines, right? Take Care.

The other carrentals are all more or less around the airport, not the port.

There are private-drivers with vans at the dock that can have 10 persons. Talk to them if you plan to stay for a short while in Mismaloya. They charge per hour and can bring you whereever you want, maybe incl. a citytour or tequilatasting.

For a longer stay in Mismaloya talk to the cabdrivers of the yellowcabs on the highway. Make a price with them for bringing you there. In Mismaloya you will find yellowcabs again and do the same for the return.

Propably not that much more expensive than rentalcars incl. insurances if you share with 10 persons.

We caught a taxi back from Mismaloya to the cruise ship this Jan and it cost us 180 pesos.

We caught a taxi from the cruise ship (60 pesos I think) to the Malecon walked around to the southside and then caught the Mismaloya bus for 7 pesos each.

Archived