14th Cruise; First Time Carnival

golffore2001

Going to give Carnival a try. On the Dream May 7th. Taking Our son and his Fiance on a Cruise for his graduation from Pharmacy School. We usually do RCCL, Princess, or Celebrity. Just wondering from those who have done mutiple lines what they see as big differences. Assume they do 2 formal nights and have similar on board entertainment. I love the MUTS of Princess so looking forward to this on the Dream. Hoping the food is comparable. We just came off the Celebrity Summit and was probably the best MDR food we have ever had. Just thought I would throw this out for comments.

Going to give Carnival a try. On the Dream May 7th. Taking Our son and his Fiance on a Cruise for his graduation from Pharmacy School. We usually do RCCL, Princess, or Celebrity. Just wondering from those who have done mutiple lines what they see as big differences. Assume they do 2 formal nights and have similar on board entertainment. I love the MUTS of Princess so looking forward to this on the Dream. Hoping the food is comparable. We just came off the Celebrity Summit and was probably the best MDR food we have ever had. Just thought I would throw this out for comments.

What are MUTS?

MUTS- movies under the sun or stars.

We have sailed ROyal, Carnival and Princess. Royal-carnival about the same in terms of service and food. Princess was a cut above then both.

Its good to switch up- it doesnt get old this way

I am sure there will be some things that the CCL experience provides you that you will like as good, similar or maybe better than other cruiselines you sailed on as well as some things that may not appeal to you as much. Best suggestion is to go with a positive attitude, open mind and cruise loving spirit in your heart... in the end, it will hopefully be a great experience !

Your major notice of differences will probably be when comparing CCL to =x=...... miles apart in ambiance, elegance and food. JMHO...your opinion may be different ;)

Thanks. There is no bad cruise. just some better. Have been on RCCL, Princess, Norwegian, and Celebrity and had a great time on all. Service was similar on all except norwegian and food best on Celebrity, in my opinion. I always look for the positives and deal with the negatives with the vacation mentality. Was just looking for some expectations

Archived