Sheraton OSJ info I experienced

monkeyinhat

I get lots of helpful info so thought I would share some that I didn't know before

2 Weeks ago we said at this hotel. Had booked thru hotwire and got for under 100.00 The hotel was nice and it was clean. We had a lovely view of a parking deck. some overlooked the water and ships.

Loved the location. You are next door to Senior Frogs, a few door down is a CVS, in the CVS they sell a limited supply of "drugstore" wine AND a limited supply of liquor. On this street across from Senor Frogs is the Segway tour (very fun ) , the ferry (you can take to Bacardi factory) a subway, a mexican restuarant.

When you go out the front door of the hotel turn left go up the stairs there are many restuarants and shops. We ate at Al Dente. granted we were starved but the food was very good.

Hope this info helps someone

Yes, thanks for the info. I have done much research about the area but hearing it from someone who has stayed there is great.

We are leaving on Tuesday and have 3 nights before our cruise. I got it on Priceline for $80 per night back in November.

Hey Susan (ladeesquire) aren't you there for 4 nights?:confused: Our ship doesn't sail until Friday.

• 1 month later...
Thanks for the info. We are booked on a cruise out of SJ in Nov. Did you take a taxi from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the pier?

There are no other good options to get from the airport to the hotel, so a taxi is the way to go. Hotels in SJ do not operate airport shuttles.

There are two cruise piers in San Juan. One is directly across the street from the Sheraton Old San Juan, so no taxi needed. The other pier is Pan American pier (used by RCCL and Celebrity, and maybe others??). A taxi would be needed to get to this pier.

I get lots of helpful info so thought I would share some that I didn't know before

2 Weeks ago we said at this hotel. Had booked thru hotwire and got for under 100.00 The hotel was nice and it was clean. We had a lovely view of a parking deck. some overlooked the water and ships.

Loved the location. You are next door to Senior Frogs, a few door down is a CVS, in the CVS they sell a limited supply of "drugstore" wine AND a limited supply of liquor. On this street across from Senor Frogs is the Segway tour (very fun ) , the ferry (you can take to Bacardi factory) a subway, a mexican restuarant.

When you go out the front door of the hotel turn left go up the stairs there are many restuarants and shops. We ate at Al Dente. granted we were starved but the food was very good.

Hope this info helps someone

How did you get it your room at less then 100$ with Expedia I have it for more...never book with Hotwire or Priceline so I really don't know how it works!!!!

We always try to book this hotel when we're in PR...yes some of the rooms views aren't fantastic (parking garage) but the location is awesome and the rooms are always comfortable and clean. We also use hotwire or priceline and have gotten our room for as little as $60. :)

I will be going on Carnival Liberty at the end of May. Staying at the Wyndham Rio Mar and renting a car from Hertz at the airport. I am returning the car at the OSJ Sheraton, my question is will I be able to "walk" across the street to get to the Liberty easily or is it a long walk with luggage?

Thank you for sharing information about your Sheraton OSJ experiences. Over a year ago I booked a 1-night stay in preparation of our June 5 sailing of Serenade of the Seas. Your descriptions confirm everything that I was hoping for...now the hard part...waiting for the next 6.5 weeks! :)

I will be going on Carnival Victory at the end of May. Staying at the Wyndham Rio Mar and renting a car from Hertz at the airport. I am returning the car at the OSJ Sheraton, my question is will I be able to "walk" across the street to get to the Victory easily or is it a long walk with luggage?

Sorry I put the wrong ship its the Victory and it is supposed to be docked right outside the OSJ Sheraton

It sounds like it is still very nice , we were there in 09 and have it booked for this cruise in Oct. the location is awsome, espically if your on the Victory ,which docks across the street.

There are some very nice places to eat just a short walk down the street as well. I recommend The Old Harbor Brewery , if you google it they have a website they make their own microbrews on site. They were so good and the food was good as well.

The hotel itself has a Hamburger joint attached we didnt eat there but they looked good and a nice patio bar as well.

Oh I hope the days past quickly :):)

Sorry I put the wrong ship its the Victory and it is supposed to be docked right outside the OSJ Sheraton

Yes you can walk as it is practically right across the street-about 2-3 minutes away.

Archived