Tsunami Watch

eventing4life

Aloha Deb! The Hulile'e Palace is damaged and closed for further assessment. Many volunteers out today helping to clean up. The pier is closed for furhter inspection scheuduled for tomorrow. However, Body Glove and the Agressor II are operating out of the pier. Most resturants, shops on the mauka side of Alii drive are open. The Kona Inn is closed. The Kona coast was hit the hardest.

Fairwinds does not have any trips until at least Wednesday. There is a house submerged in Kealakekua Bay. Their office at Keahou Bay was also destroyed with fish in the office instead of the ocean.

Milolli,

Thank you for the report. DH and I stayed in the Austin Royal Seacliff not too far from the pier about 1 mile I think. Its been a long time (15 years :eek:) May not have the same name. We had a great room overlooking the saltwater pool which was on an oceanfront patio, Wonder how it faired in all of this.

So the Huilile Palace does have damage. That is so sad. That palace has had its share of trouble of late, first the earthquake, now this. The Big Island is my favorite, but I prefer the Hilo side. We owned land at one time on the Hilo side, but sold it quite a few years ago.

Saw on the NCL thread that the POA skipped Kona due to damage to the dock. At first, I had a blonde moment, thinking that Kona is a tender port, so why would they need a dock? It took me a sec, then :eek: the light went on. Hopefully I have fulfilled my blonde moments quota for the day.

Perhaps we can have lunch one day when you are back over here. It will need to be after I graduate. I am suppose to be studying right now. :cool:

Deb

Fresno State or Fresno City?

Good luck with your studies.

We see POA go by our house every Wedsanday morning about 4:45, if we are up.

You are up at 4:45? AM? :eek:

I don't get up that early unless I have to get work done prior to clinical or have a study for a test. Both of which happen on a regular basis these days. :( Until I started nursing school that time of day didn't exist unless I was leaving on a trip. :p Email me at yosemitelupine at yahoo.com. so we aren't charged with thread hijacking.

Deb

Archived