Newbie to Royal Caribbean

We are taking our first Royal Caribbean cruise. We have always cruised on Carnival and loved the Chocolate Melting Cake. Does Royal Caribbean have a dessert that will compare to Carnival's Chocolate Melting Cake. It doesn't have to be chocolate, but something that is a signature and great dessert from Royal Caribbean.:o

RCI has a flourless choc. cake.....neither the melting cake or the "flourless" is a favorite of mine.

They used to have a delicious cheesecake...don't know how today's desserts compare...they're not quite as "varied" as they used to be.

Chocolate molten cake is one of my favorite treats, but I can't stand the high-fructose corn-syrupy version on Carnival.

RCL has some nice desserts, but they tend not to be as over-sweetened as on Carnival. You can always ask for some sugar on the side and add a bit to taste, so I think you'll find some you'll like.

We are sailing (first time on RCCL) in September on the Mariner. I too fell in love with Carnival's Melting Chocolate cake served with vanilla ice cream, from a short cruise last weekend. I am not one of those "chocolate lovers" but this was amazing. I have to say, the food was only so-so on that cruise but the chocolate dessert was a standout.

Marci

What desserts do they have at Cafe Promenade? I will be on the Freedom of the Seas this fall.

We loved the Double Chocolate Expresso Brownies (you couldn't taste any coffee flavour). It was the treat after Adventure Ocean (kids club) and the evening shows before we headed 'home' for bed. Yummy! Can't wait until July when we are on FOS! More brownies!:p

What desserts do they have at Cafe Promenade? I will be on the Freedom of the Seas this fall.

Cookies, brownies, fruit tarts, also great danish in the morning. Also sandwiches and strong (and good) Seattle's Best coffee. On Voyager class ships, pizza is here; on Freedom and Oasis ships, pizza is in Sorrentos.

Archived