Disney Dream Review

chipmaster

that wasn't a bad review. they went last month too, just the beginning of the ships passenger cruises. as I recall when the Magic came out, they had far more bugs to work out than with the Dream.

I will be keeping a journal on my trip next month so I can review it here.

that wasn't a bad review. they went last month too, just the beginning of the ships passenger cruises. as I recall when the Magic came out, they had far more bugs to work out than with the Dream.

I will be keeping a journal on my trip next month so I can review it here.

I didn't think it was a bad review either. It certainly did not make us want to change our plans. It appeared the review was from a sailing last month. I am confident a lot of the issues have been worked out by now. Either way, we cruise on the Dream next week and cannot be more excited!

My experience a decade+ ago was magical on the Magic. Everyone was great, kids club, service, dining, the beach.

The review was overall postive, but like all things some things don't scale. Just like the mega hotels in Vegas, Amusement Parks something amenities come with scale and you lose some.

Frankly the dining and service aren't enough for me to jump at the premium. The amenities like the slide, pool, kids club + above woiuld be enough. Frankly if I go to battle crowds for pool space, full kids club no matter how wonderful ( for my teen s), and long waits for the slide. At least for me, IMHO the park will be my more likely destination.

A timely review that caught my attention that ran this weekend: http://travel.usatoday.com/cruises/2011-03-10-disney-dream-duo_N.htm

I've been noodling booking a cruise on the dream but thinking now a park visit will be a better experience.

what do you mean? have you been on the other ships? I have noticed that the areas with kids is always crowded, both the kiddie area and family area. Don't think you can ever get past that, especially on a Disney ship with so many kids.

thankfully, we sail adults only and except for days at sea, rarely have trouble finding a nice quiet seat.

Thank you Mick. The food service area for snacks, was crazy. The combination of Mickey's pool area, with the Goofy pool area was unreal. The lack of a Sunning area around Quiet Cove pool is non-sensical. The hot tubs in the family area were packed like sardines. The good news is, young children have a water play area where they won't get sunburned. Also, the top deck has many more wind break panels, that reduce wind while cruising and sunning. The show's were teriffic, and the service was Disney up to "EXCELLANCE" The dinner resturants decor and theme's, a nice change and wonderful. Metrowon

We'll be on the Dream next week and I admit to being a little nervous about it. What we loved about the Wonder is that it never seemed all that crowded; even though the pools were small you could find space up on the deck and not feel like you had no space. Everything I've read has indicated that crowd control is a problem on the Dream.

Still, we'll have fun. If the crowds annoy me I'll hang out on my verandah (and cancel next January's cruise in favor of the Magic or a different cruise line altogether). My son is a teenager and vastly prefers Carnival's 02 to Aloft. We'll see about Vibe.

Thank you Mick. The food service area for snacks, was crazy. The combination of Mickey's pool area, with the Goofy pool area was unreal. The lack of a Sunning area around Quiet Cove pool is non-sensical. The hot tubs in the family area were packed like sardines. The good news is, young children have a water play area where they won't get sunburned. Also, the top deck has many more wind break panels, that reduce wind while cruising and sunning. The show's were teriffic, and the service was Disney up to "EXCELLANCE" The dinner resturants decor and theme's, a nice change and wonderful. Metrowon

Just got back from a 3-night on the Dream!! I second what metrowon is saying!! :D I thought the ship was beautiful but they definitely did not design the pool areas and the snack bar areas to what they needed to be with this many passengers onboard!! It was crazy!! I will say I like the buffet at Cabanas much better than having to wait in line like at Topsiders/Beach Blanket on the Magic and Wonder!! We are cruising the Dream in April with friends from the UK and we are excited about it but not looking forward to the craziness on the pool decks!!

Hi!

We were on the dream 3-6 to 3-10 and I totally agree. Do not like the layout of that deck at all! Also, the aqua Duck was fun! The ONE time that we rode it!! Line was always a 30 minute wait and our little ones would rather not wait! I did enjoy the first night show and the last night show very much!!! The Villain show was just O.K.

Wow - you guys have me really nervous! We are first- time cruisers and changed our plans from Royal Caribbean Freedom of the seas to Disney Dream(and paid A LOT more on Dream for 2 less days!) thinking it would be the greatest thing out there. We have 2 kids, 7 & 11, who constantly want to be at the pool. So my question is, should we go back to Freedom of the seas? P.S. I hate crowds!!

The pool area is crazy even on the other ships. Do Not make a change based on that. I have been on RC Mariner and would never ever cruise RC again.

Look at the deck plan on RC. It is similar to the Mariner. All those restaurants you see are inside, not out. You have to be dressed properly, even at the buffets, to get food. There was no where to get food while sitting at the pool, none. We had to give up our seats, change our clothes, go into the dining room, eat there, go back to the pool area. This is crazy.

Although I only sit in the adult area of Quite Cove, I would much rather be there and going through the crowds to get a burger than the hastle at RC.

Your kids will love DCL. Put them in the kids zones, and go off to the adult pools.

• 2 weeks later...

AustinGrl~ Let me first say .... as a first time cruiser, you don't know what you don't know... so it's all good! :-D

I'm looking at a 3 night cruise on the Dream too. I have never been on a Disney cruise and thought I should give it a try. I'm still debating...

As far as the Freedom of the Seas, that ship is incredible! When you mentioned that your kids like pools...... I have to pipe in and tell you about their pool area(s). They have an area called the H2O Zone. It's HUGE. Actually, The SHIP is huge! Ha ha... the H2O zone was SO MUCH FUN that WE even enjoyed squirting each other with the big water guns! It's a Water Park. NEVER a problem finding seats or crowds at any of the pools. The Freedom of the Seas has an Ice Skating rink, a real ice skating rink, which is cool. (no pun) And it also has an area where you can SURF! If your children are that much into water activities..... it would be a good choice for them OR the new Oasis of the Seas or Allure of the Seas.... they both have TWO surfing areas AND a Zip line!!!!

Like I said, It's all good. Go have a good time! Bon Voyage!

My kids were 5 and 7 when we cruised Liberty OTS and they liked the H2O zone. It was fun. On the DCL Dream, although the pool area isn't as big as the H2O, they had lots of fun on the Mickey slide and the Aquaduck.

All in all, I can't say one ship/cruise is better than the other one. They are just different and we like both of them.

Archived