Please help

pmfan

I have spent much time reading the threads on here and I am more confused than when I began. :confused:

What company/policy would you suggest for a family of 3 adults, needing pre-existing. Mainly worried about medic evacuation and medical. We drive to ports so not worried about missed flights, lost luggage.

Also with the policies that wave pre-existing when bought in a certain time frame of deposit, 10 to 21 days for example, when do they consider the deposit date to be if you originally booked a cruise then a year later transferred that booking to a different ship and sail date. Is it the original booking date or the new transferred date?

Just so confused, please help.

Edit to add, live in US, cruising 7 day Caribbean, additional vacation time in Florida.

I have spent much time reading the threads on here and I am more confused than when I began. :confused:

What company/policy would you suggest for a family of 3 adults, needing pre-existing. Mainly worried about medic evacuation and medical. We drive to ports so not worried about missed flights, lost luggage.

Also with the policies that wave pre-existing when bought in a certain time frame of deposit, 10 to 21 days for example, when do they consider the deposit date to be if you originally booked a cruise then a year later transferred that booking to a different ship and sail date. Is it the original booking date or the new transferred date?

Edit to add, live in US, cruising 7 day Caribbean, additional vacation time in Florida.

Since you have changed ships etc. I would do a "compare" on insuremytrip.com and then call whichever company you decide on.. They have for the most part helpful agents and for clarification on "preexisting" etc. you really need to go to the insurance company for a definitive answer..

IWhat company/policy would you suggest for a family of 3 adults, needing pre-existing. Mainly worried about medic evacuation and medical.

IME (with Travelguard), the date they use, is the date you paid the deposit for the first cruise, even if you transfer the booking to another ship. Therefore, if you booked a cruise a year ago and did not purchase insurance, and then transferred the booking to another sailing, you would be unable to purchase insurance covering a pre-existing condition, as this must be paid for within 15 days of the initial deposit. Another company, or even a policy for someone living in a different state than mine, may have different restrictions.

As suggested, you're going to have to speak with the insurance company directly to verify this to be sure. I guarantee if you have a claim, the ins. company is going to go back and verify this deposit date. Good luck.

In most cases - and I'm no insurance expert so perhaps Ken will weigh in on this - the insurance must be booked within a time period (10-21 days whatever it is for that insurance company) of the initial deposit so I would assume it would be the first cruise. But one question is that if you knew you had pre-existing conditions why didn't you book it for the first cruise? I think at this point then you might have to use CSA Freestyle Lux which can be purchased up to final payment and include your pre-existing conditions and there is no look back period so that is your best bet if you missed the cut off date.

Archived