New Orleans hotel

cpayne

Does anyone know of a hotel in New Orleans that provides a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel and/or a free shuttle to/from the cruise ship terminal? We would prefer a hotel located in or within walking distance of the French Quarter.

Appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure of the free shuttle to the airport, but anything in the Quarter is close to the cruise ship terminal - Maximum 5 -10 dollar cab ride! I love the Hotel Monacco - we were not in the quarter, but close enough

• 3 weeks later...

Cabs are fixed within downtown/quarter at $7 pp. No hotels have airport transportation. Cab is $28+++ for 2 people. I take the city bus/streetcar- yep, I'm cheap. :) In NO, I am VERY picky where I stay. I want walking distance to my planned activities. So I stay in the quarter or CBD, between the river and Royal. There are plenty of undesirable locations in NO in my opinion.

Anyone ever stayed at the Clarion Collection Royal St Charles? They are located one block outside the French Quarter and directly on the St Charles Street Car line. Internet rate of $54. Wondering if this is too good to be true? Clarion is usually a good hotel. Nothing fancy, but all we need is a place to sleep.

Input anyone?

Anyone ever stayed at the Clarion Collection Royal St Charles? They are located one block outside the French Quarter and directly on the St Charles Street Car line. Internet rate of $54. Wondering if this is too good to be true? Clarion is usually a good hotel. Nothing fancy, but all we need is a place to sleep.

Input anyone?

GREAT Location- grab it. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Someone we knew was in N.O. recently so asked them to check out this location. The reason I posted was I was fearful the price was too good to be true. They agreed the location was perfect in relation to various attractions one might enjoy during a visit to N.O. They said the hotel itself was nothing fancy, but clean and more than acceptable. They said it was no Wyndam or Sheraton, but it wasn't a Sleep Inn either by any means.

I've grabbed the rate and have booked 5 rooms for all of us traveling Feb '06!

Archived