Inside or Obstructed view on Med Cruise

granny49

I am thinking of booking Med Cruise on Ruby 2012. The price difference for inside cabin to obstructed view is $300.00. per person Is it worth the difference? Or should I wait for prices to drop?

It just depends on what is important to you...my husband and I always book an inside room. We like the darkness of the room at night and in the early mornings. The tv has a channel with the view off the ship so you can just turn your tv on to see what is going on and then go out on the deck if you want. We would rather spend our money on something else. You can always book a cabin and then change it around if the price drops.

I am thinking of booking Med Cruise on Ruby 2012. The price difference for inside cabin to obstructed view is $300.00. per person Is it worth the difference? Or should I wait for prices to drop?

I would pick the Obstruected view over inside cabin (We need a window just to tell night from day)

all pick the unasined canin and hope fo a up grade

We are also looking in to a Metiterranean cruise for 2012 (just published)we have desided on Princess or Oceania

Stur Dayton,Ohio

I'd go obstructed. If you carefully check out deck maps and photos you can get a "barely" obstructed room. We have had amazing fortune with our obstructed cabins. Sometimes, we have only had some wires in the view.

I do like looking out, especially to see weather. But I like to cruise too frequently to afford a balcony room.

We have not been on a Med cruise yet, however we do plan to go on one within the next year or so. We also have debated whether to get an inside or an OV cabin...which we have had both types of cabins a few times before...when we go on a Med. cruise. We decided that since the Med cruises are so port intensive...and we will be off the ship all day...every day except for 2 days on a 12 days cruise...we personal won't get anything other than an inside, unless the price of an OV is the same as an inside. All we will do is sleep, shower, dress in the cabin. Not really spending that much time in it since we will be at port all day touring around. The evenings we will be having dinner and possibly (if we are not bone-tired which will probably be the case each night) go to a show then off to bed.

You will have to decide if $300.00 per person more is worth the cost for an OV that will be empty all day as you tour the ports. As for us...we would rather spend that extra $600.00 on other things such as tours/transportation and lunch-food which is VERY expensive in Europe.

Hope you have a great cruise!

Book the obstructed and then keep watching the prices. You are talking about 2012. There will probably be a few price decreases before final payment I always like a bit of light in the room during the day and to wake up to.

Archived