Navigator My Time Dining large group?

We have a family group of 11 sailing on Navigator OTS in April. Seven of us are scheduled for early seating but the additional 4 booked later and are waitlisted and currently on MTD. If we were to switch all 11 of us to MTD, do you think it likely we'd be able to get seating together if we arrive for dinner at the same time? If a big table for all of us is unrealistic, are there many 6-tops that we could split into so that we'd start and finish at the same time? Or - do you think we'll have any luck getting those 4 into early seating with a table near the rest of us? Late seating really won't work for our kids.

I'm not sure but I think they can arrange tables for 11--12 actually--I'm sure I saw a group at least that large with their own table every night in My Time dining.

We took 7 grandchildren on a cruise in January and they seated all 9 of us at a circular table--and we got the same table--every night. It was a bit of a squeeze but we were very glad not to get split up.

Because we had so many young kids (ages 5-11) with us, we usually called for reservations for six o'clock. A couple of nights when we didn't call but just showed up a little later, our table was still waiting for us.

This is from personal experience... Last cruise i took we booked witha travel agent and theyscrewed up our dinner time. We requested late and they gave us early. We didnt find out until the night beofre the cruise so we figured there was nothing we could do.

At embarkation we asked and we told that the late dining was full but we could go see the dining room manager once we boarded. They gladly switched us to the late dining.

If you really want to switch to MTD to feel good about it, I would, but I would say if seven of you already have theearly dining that you want, just wait until you get on board and try to switch the other four. They should be able to work somehting out with you. Other, more experienced, cruiseres may have a different opinion, but thats what I would do.

Archived