Azamara Booking Policy

GJH123

Hello Everyone:

We are considering our first Azamara cruise for 2012 and were wondering about the booking policy since this date is so far out. If the price were to decrease between now and the cruise, would our cost be adjusted accordingly or are we locked into the rate at which we booked. Any information would be gratefully appreciated!

Hello Everyone:

We are considering our first Azamara cruise for 2012 and were wondering about the booking policy since this date is so far out. If the price were to decrease between now and the cruise, would our cost be adjusted accordingly or are we locked into the rate at which we booked. Any information would be gratefully appreciated!

Absolutely, positively, do not book early. If the price were to decrease between now and the cruise you would be out of luck. Corporate policy does not consider that the early birds should be treated better than late comers. So suggest you wait and just watch the level of cabin you are interested in for availability.

I would book as early as possible to get the cabin or type you want. Every cruise line I have been on adjusts your price lower if the cost goes down. It is up to you to monitor, but it goes down for you if it goes down.:cool:

I would book as early as possible to get the cabin or type you want. Every cruise line I have been on adjusts your price lower if the cost goes down. It is up to you to monitor, but it goes down for you if it goes down.:cool:

Interesting statement. What cruise lines have you been on that have adjusted the price in the last two years?

Check the Celebrity web site. There are multiple threads regarding this and Azamara is part of the Celebrity/RCCL brand, with we believe the same policy. While they are suppose to honor all price drops prior to final payment there are multiple complaints that Celebrity has made the price changes for "New Bookings Only" and that way are telling guests they do not have to lower their cruise fare. We understand not allowing price drops after final payment as afterall the cruise line is in business to make a profit. But, not allowing price drops prior to final payment?

Also, the new RCCL policy is in the least suppose to offer the possibility of an upgrade and some Celebrity guests are even being refused that based on the new fares being "For New Bookings Only" and/or some type of "Tuesday Special".

Even having the companies "Cancel for Any Reason" Cruise Protection Plan (75% back as cruise credit) is no help, because it requires waiting for a voucher from Berkeley Insurance, who needs confirmation from RCCL and they say it could take 4-6 weeks.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1382023

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1382086

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1382449

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1381689

This WAS once the case on Azamara. If the price went down AND YOU FOUND OUT ABOUT IT, you got the lower price. I understood that this was eliminated a while ago. I'm sure Bill Leiber could help us here by confirming this.

Cruise Critic used to be a wonderful source for price changes. Several people on a roll call would monitor the prices every day and post any changes. I once found a price change for certain Canadian cities and saved one couple $1,600.

If I were to book early now and then see an air promotion for $2000, I know I would be (choose one or more) disappointed/upset/angry.

If I were to book early now and then see an air promotion for $2000, I know I would be (choose one or more) disappointed/upset/angry.

Specifically before final payment, or do you mean after too?

I have had a number of cruises with RCCL either drop the price for me after booking or given me the onboard credit. The last was in November of last year on voyager.:cool:

Yes, but was that November cruise booked prior to May 17, 2010?

Archived