Carnival Victory Restaurants (food)

Rocco2007

Hello.

I want to invite my parents to the Carnival Victory (Southern Caribbean), but I've read several reviews that says that food in the buffet is really bad and with really big lines, (no speciality restaurants) and also mention that even when in MDR is good, it hasn't variety. And this is my question is it really true? Because for my father the most important thing is Food, so if it is bad, I'd really think twice before take him onboard, I guess for my mother and I that's not really a big issue. I'd also like to know about overall food quality and variety onboard.

I'd also like to know if space is enough for all the people onboard, I mean if you don't feel like in a can.

Thanks in advance for all your advices.

I've been on the VICTORY & the breakfast & lunch buffet is not bad like people say its pretty good & does have a good selection of food but for breakfast the MDR has eggs benadict & is much quieter i prefer it over the buffet! for lunch the food is actually really good with alot of selections & different selections each day plus a deli which does fresh made to order sandwiches! please take the reviews you read in contest cause some people will compalain about everything & are miserable! Also the MDR is open for lunch on your sea day so its a great change of pace for lunch with a few good items you wont find in the buffet! at breakfast time the crossants & danishes are to die for baked fresh each day! but as a fair WARNING at peak breakfast/lunch times the buffet will have long lines but any buffet on any ship or land will have long lines! no buffet with any cruise company is immune to that during peak times!!!!!!! the 2nd story is a quiet place in the buffet not many people know you can sit there! For dinners the MDR has great food & you have service from two waiters a head waiter & assistant & is pretty nice not "dennys or low end" food some people say is for dinner plus on one formal night they serve lobster! hope this helps & you will have a blast on the VICTORY as me & my mother did! & a lil off the subject in ST. LUCIA COSUL tours is a great tour company!

We just got back from the Victory a couple of weeks ago. We are not very critical people, but we found the food on the Victory to be quite good. We ate in the MDR every nite rather than the buffet. There are 6 or 7 entrees, so I would think that one of them would satisfy your father. Also six or seven appetizers/salads and four or five various desserts.

We used the "Anytime Dining" option and were VERY pleased with the service. The waiters were both enthusiastic and friendly. The food was generally served in a very efficient manner, meaning that we normally did not have to wait long for it to be served. We did eat fairly early, so perhaps the service slowed down later in the evening. We normally ate around 6:00, which was the same time that the "early dining" seating was being served, yet we never waited more than a few minutes for each course.

Both the "chief" of "anytime dining" and the maitre'd approached EVERY table EVERY nite, so if your father has any complaints, they will be available to take them. The hostess was also very pleasant and enthusiastic.

For breakfast, we also used the MDR almost every morning and, once again, were VERY pleased with the wait staff and with the efficiency of being served. There were just two of us, but we were in-and-out of the dining room in less than half-an-hour for breakfast.

Overall, I really can't say enough about the dining experience on the Victory.

P.S. The only problem we had when dining was one morning for breakfast when the hostess placed us at a table with a number of other people already there. As I approached my chair, I almost gagged because of the excessive amount of perfume worn by at least two of the women at the table. I didn't even sit down. I immediately went back to the hostess and asked for table for two and signalled my girlfriend to get up and follow me. Is there really a need to wear that much perfume?

ok this is my opinion, im off the victory 2 weeks ago. the buffet food i had was actually pleasantly suprisingly good i had alot of sides i liked, different salads and etc. my last two cruises i dont remember the buffet being as good, we never waited in any lines for breakfast and we usually went around 8am we never ate at the MDR we kept forgetting! As for the MDR the food was not as good as on my last two cruises. Thats just my personal opinion i have a review and at the end of it i go more into detail about the food. link in my signature.

Is the Chef's Table extra money? I assume so.. but just checking. Thanks!

Yes, it's $75 per person and includes a galley tour during dinner service, champagne before the tour, and unlimited wine/soft drinks during dinner. We have a group booked for our Victory cruise and cannot wait for the Chef's table!

Archived