Capris in the main dining room?

Venicegal

Well, I'm the op who started this discussion. We have been on over 50 cruises starting with The Big Red Boat, Regal, NCL, Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Princess, Celebrity and Holland America (our favorite line). Since we live in Florida we are able to get such great prices on cruises. When our 3 children were young, cruises were absolutely the best value for our vacations. All 5 of us would stay in a cabin together and even though it was crowded, it was so much fun! What great memories we have. Our children are all married now and we still cruise together as much as we can. On any of the cruise lines, from Carnival to Holland America we have seen all kinds of dress on formal nights. From tuxes and long formal gowns to guest who were wearing the same type of clothing that they wore every other night. Was I offended, no way! We have always tried to dress nicely for dinner. On formal nights we make it more special by dressing up a little more. We don't wear tuxedos or long formal gowns, but usually suits for the guys (sometimes just a long sleeve shirt and a tie for short cruises) and short dresses or dressy pants outfits for the girls. We dress up because that's what is expected of you on the ship and we don't want to feel out of place. But, if someone at the table beside us is not that dressed up, it doesn't bother us at all. It's vacation - relax . If wearing a long formal dress or a pair of dressy capris makes you happy, wear them and have fun!

This is the most bizarre thread. Some of the comments must have been made in jest, if not, I've never read such pretentious remarks.

I'll be taking my first Celebrity cruise in May (my first cruise period, for that matter) and I'm seriously having thoughts that I made a mistake and perhaps this isn't for me.

I love dressing for dinner, in fact, I'm usually over-dressed for any occasion, haha! That said, I could care less what anyone else wears.....unless it's gorgeous and I need to know where you bought it! :D

Pls do not think the opinions expressed in this thread represent the attitudes and behaviour of guests on the ship. :o

I am wondering how many of the people that have said entirely inappropriate remarks on this board, would even dare hint at them while on the ship.

My dh and I are always dressed to the nines on the cruise too. It is always fun to do so.:D Don’t worry and enjoy your cruise.

Archived