Bring your own sheets?

whitenack

Oh, I thought you were the main ingredient for "Potage d'invité de croisière avec des nouilles" Ooh la-la.

I always hear hot tub described as human soup but you forgot to add,

la peau sèche et des croûtes.:p:D:eek:

Yeah, we are driving to the port, so room isn't an issue. Plus, it's not like satin sheets take up a lot of room anyway. We aren't talking about flannel sheets and a down comforter.

Well if your are driving to the port then by all means bring the comforts of home with you.

My daughter lived in Florida and took one suitcase full of just pillows for them. Maybe that is why we see these cabins with three or four or more suitcases outside. We just have one carry-on and a small pack each, if you have more you don't need it.

If you really need red satin sheets to fully "enjoy" your cruise then go for it but you can't expect Stewart to launder them with the white ship's bed linen. I don't think your fellow passangers would appreciate pink sheets. Personally, I find freshy laundered white cotton just as "enjoyable" ;)

What it takes to make or break someone else's cruise or cabin is up to them. The only problems I see are that you (or the cabin steward) will have to change the bed when you arrive and you are going to have to have the ship's sheets to use on the last night because you'll have to pack your sheets back in your luggage. The mattresses have a rounded edge so your sheets aren't going to be a good fit. Also, your linens won't be changed during the week, which we love. I'm more inclined to use the ship's linens..never thought of bringing my own. I use the ship's beach/pool towels because I like having a clean one; I just ask for extra pillows if I need them and I'm a recent convert to light packing, even though we are driving to the port. If none of the above bothers you, pack 'em and carry 'em with you.

I believe you said you were driving to port so you didn't have the weight limit issue. I would bring them! If it makes you happy then why not. As far as the steward washing them for you, don't worry about that= use the red satin sheets to make one night extra special for you and your spouse, order champagne (or bring it with you and open it on this special night), get room service desserts, get chocolate covered strawberries if your budget allows etc. You can put your special sheets right over the regular ones, in the morning take your satin sheets off. The steward wouldn't even see your red sheets.

Have fun!;)

Lions,and tigers, and red satin sheets...oh my! Mirrored ceilings and heart-shaped tubs (sounds like some Gatlinburg destinations...!) When I travel to hot destinations, I like cool water, A/C, and especially cool cotton linens to get a good night's sleep! I once got a set of satin PJs from VS as a gift, and after sleeping in them for two nights, I got rid of them. Too hot!! I DO bring my down pillow with me, though. Hate the artificial and memory foam stuff....too hot due to no air flow. Enjoy your cruise!

Archived